After all the uphill struggle of the day, the best place that can give you the sense of utmost comfort is your room. Everyone would like to reach home speedily, close the door and get lost into their own world, which is their room. Transforming your room into a place that is tranquil and pleasing can be as simple as changing a few things of the room décor. |
When it is about a bed room, too much of artwork is not required. All that defines the room décor consists of the wall color, the bed and the bedding, the curtains, the rugs on the floor and the lighting. Here is how to incorporate a few simple and inexpensive changes into your space décor and create a whole new aura in your personal space.
- Select a theme – The first place to start is selecting a theme for your room. Color based themes are simple to incorporate into a room. Soothing colors like white, cream, ivory, sky blue, yellow and light green can produce a relaxing vibe in a room. So select your color (or colors) and start with painting the walls. You can use a contrasting bright shade or a darker shade of the same color for highlighting some parts of the room such as the roof, the wall behind the bed or the pillars.
- The bed and the bedding – French furniture is the latest trend in furnishing. This type of furniture is generally white or light colored with a slender and sophisticated design. For those who want to have a time travel feel in their room, it is the best choice as it render a traditional look to the room. For bedding, use layered linen and cotton bed sheets with an elegant eyelet lace on the corners. Also use the lacing on the pillow covers. - The curtains
– Curtains will decide the amount of light entering into your room. So if the wide windows let too much light into your room, you can choose dark colored thick cloth curtains. On the other hand, if you like to keep the room well lighted, go for light colored curtains. Using the same lace with the curtains will dramatically synchronize with the rest of the room décor. - Rugs and carpets
– The smarter way to choose rugs or carpets will be to go for earthy colors that will harmonize with all colors and will hide the dirt and dust collected on them. Rugs are extremely prone to get dirty by absorbing dust particles in the air. Colors like beige, wheat brown, tan, grey, umber, etc. are some clever choices.
- The room lighting – When it comes to lighting a room, there are numerous choices available. The days of simple lights are long gone. These days, you can find immense variety in lamp shades, LED lights, roof hanging lights, foot lights and a lot more options in stores.
So go ahead and color your little world in the shades of your dreams!
Related Articles -
lace motifs, lace motifs australia, lace and trims, lace wholesale, wholesale trims,