The TN Visa enables Canadians and Mexican citizens to work in the U.S. under the NAFTA, to create a freedom of labor movement. The visa can last for up to three years. It can be renewed, and there are no limits on how many TN Visas are issued each year. It bears some similarities to H-1B Visa, but you are required to be from a specific set of occupations to be eligible.
Advantages of the TN Visa
• It can be obtained quickly
• Indefinite number of TN Visas issued
• Renewable, for an indefinite period of time
• If you are a Canadian citizen, the visa can be obtained at the border without a need for petition.
• Your spouse and dependent children can also live in the US with you, under the TD Status.
Disadvantages of the TN Visa
• Applicable only to a limited range of professions
• You can’t apply for permanent residence on the basis of TN Visa
How Do You Get the TN Visa
The process of getting the TN Visa is fairly simple. To give you an idea of how little you need, we’ve listed all the major steps below.
1. Get a job offer from a US company
2. Ensure your profession is on the, NAFTA Professional Job Series List
3. Create your TN Visa Application Letter. This is different than an offer letter from your employer. The application letter explains to the Immigration Officer how you and the job meet the NAFTA requirements. Use the TN Visa Expert Kit’s step by step instructions and sample letters to help you with this.
4. Gather required documents that you will need for the US immigration, as well as the fee to be paid.
5. Apply for the TN visa – either at the border, or through embassy in your country, which will require an informal interview with the immigration officer.
6. Get Your Visa.
The most difficult stage of this process is getting a job offer from a company in the US. It will depend on what you have to offer to the employers, as well as your skill set, and whether you bring something that they can’t find locally. NAFTA Professional Jobs includes a range of professions, including Management consultants, Computer Systems Analysts, Nurses, Engineers, Accountants and Lawyers, so there is a chance that if you are qualified professional, you will find opportunities that are suitable for you.
About Author If you have any queries about getting the TN Visa, contactus at email@example.com TN Visa Expert provides affordable and reliable immigration solutions to help people obtain work and marriage visas to live in the U.S.
Related Articles -