Food storage is completely different from other forms of storage especially because you’re dealing with something you’re going to eat now or possibly in the near future. The same is not true for other kind of storage things such as clothes, computer and so on. Considering it’s food we’re talking about, we give you some practical tips to store all your eatables conveniently in your house. |
1. have to keep the outside temperature in mind - Food gets spoilt in certain conditions and especially when there is moisture in unwanted places, food gets damaged completely. . Hence, you need to ensure that the complete place is clean and dry before storing any of the food. Sunlight may also be a hindrance to some of the eatables. So you need to store such food items in a dark place as per the requirement.
2. You have to keep a check on the expiry date - Food items that have surpassed the expiry date should be thrown away right then. There’s a reason why every food item comes tagged with a manufacture and expiry date. You also need to have a look at the manufacture date and see if it’s not too old. Both the dates have to be checked to choose the right canned food accordingly.
3. Use clean lids and spoons for food items – Using unused and dirty lids for food will surely damage them irrespective of the kind of objects they are placed in. Hence you must ensure that the lids and the spoons are clean and dry while using items such as sugar, salt or other such items.
4. You need to keep in mind the size of the storage food – Not all food materials are the same. Some are in the powdered form, others are solids, semi-solids and a few others are liquids. Depending upon the kind of food, you need to select the right kind of storage box.
5. Label food items – If you happen to purchase sugar or rice in bulk, then you need to store them in clean containers, and label each one of them. Labeling them is very important for your ease of use when you need them.
6. Arrange the old items first in order- The old items ought to be arranged first in the order with the newer ones following next. This sort of arrangement is made for the simple reason that you will use up the old items first and then the newer ones will be used up gradually.
7. Do not mix fruits and vegetables – Sort all the vegetables, fruits and other cold storage stuff neatly in the fridge. Do not make the mistake of mixing fruits and vegetables. Each and every vegetable or fruit whether inside the refrigerator or outside needs to be kept separately.
8.Design the shelves as per your requirement – Things that you frequently use can be kept in open shelves whereas you can use closed shelves for food items that you don’t always require such as dry fruits and others. So follow these 8 tips for food storage and enjoy eating!
Author Bio : Storage Kuwait
Storage Kuwait provides complete value-for-money storage facilities with comprehensive storage units, transportation, security, ac storage and exclusive & essential third party insurance coverage.
Visit Our Site : -
Related Articles -
tips for food storage, Food storage, Food storage ideas, store food items, canned food, Food containers,