Pneumatic Conveying Systems move bulk materials, powders and granules through an enclosed vertical or horizontal conveying line. With the combined force of pressure and airflow, materials are conveyed. They are more preferred than the Mechanical Conveyor Systems as they are flexible and don’t work on straight conveyor path. They occupy less space than traditional Mechanical Conveyers. Unlike Mechanical Conveyors they are enclosed and are not so demanding on cleaning and maintenance grounds. Based on the operating principle, Pneumatic Conveying Systems are classified into two types running either on pressure or vacuum.
Types Of Pneumatic Conveying Systems
- Dilute Phase - Imagine a situation of a tornado storm where the air velocity draws dirt particles towards it and lets the particles entrained in it. Just on the same principle work these dilute phase systems. They rely on the airstream velocity to pick up and keep the materials in suspension throughout the conveying path. They transfer materials with high velocity and low pressure.
- Dense phase – They are suitable for conveying fragile and abrasive objects. Within this, the particles are not suspended in the air like the dilute phase systems .Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying Systems are most commonly used to convey powders and granules. This system conveys materials with low velocity and high pressure.
Why Use Pneumatic Conveying Systems?
- Economical - With low installation costs, Pneumatic Conveying Systems can be termed as economical. They don’t have large number of parts as in mechanical conveyor, so the maintenance cost is already less. Running costs are also low.
- Hygienic- As they are enclosed, there is no chance of dirt getting into the conveyor. The materials are also prevented from t exposure to foreign substance. They are also relatively cleaner than the mechanical conveyors. Ease of cleaning and maintenance makes them a great option.
- Flexible – When compared with mechanical conveyors, these conveyors offer greater degree of flexibility in terms of conveyer path. They can bend their path according to the substance requirement and also require less space. They are also convenient in terms of expansion and readjusting and they can be shifted easily.
Cleantek is a reputed name engaged in manufacturing and exporting highly efficient Cleaning Products. The offerings of the company include Industry Dust Collectors, Industrial Vaccum Cleaners,Oil Mist Collectors, Fume Extractors and much more. All its products have been hailed for their high performance and efficiency. It is also placed amongst the leading Regenerative Blowers Exporters. It has its clients all over the world including India, South Africa, UAE, Singapore, etc. For more information about the company and its offerings, you can log on to http://www.cleantekindia.com/.
Related Articles -
Scrubber Drier, Ring Blower, Regenerative Blower,