Everyone knows that hiring a personal trainer can be a great investment into your overall health and fitness. There are many factors to look for when you perform your personal training search but that is a subject for another article. There are thousands of personal trainers out there and the key is to find someone that has extensive knowledge of the human body, is certified and insured, can motivate and create an intense training environment, can have fun and keep you interested, and can get results. |
As a personal trainer in Basingstoke I see many clients that are looking to lose weight and body fat, drop some inches, gain strength, and look lean and toned.
While the majority of my clients have similar goals, it is important to create programs that fit for each individual. In the long run, everyone wants to look and feel better.
About four months ago I began implementing small group personal training into my program. Many of my clients like to train either in the morning before work or in the evenings after work. I was finding that it was tough to schedule everyone and why not put them together and see how they like it.
I grouped people up according to fitness levels and goals, and also according to the times that they typically trained. Our groups consist of anywhere from 2-6 people and we train 2 days per week for 50-60 minutes. That block of time includes a full dynamic warm up and mobility work, conditioning and strength work, core training, and a cool down stretch.
This method of personal training has been extremely successful for my clients. People are enjoying their workouts and most of all, seeing amazing results.
1. The small number of clients allows me to see everyone and assess technique to ensure safety. In a big group class, it is hard for the instructor to see everyone. With small group training you get the one on one attention.
2. Clients still get personal attention. It is easy for me to walk around, talk to everyone and keep them motivated.
3. Clients can ask me questions and we can talk about any issues. During the training sessions people will all be performing the same exercises together, but if someone has an injury or is not feeling 100% on that day, changes can be made easily and seamlessly.
4. Individuals gain motivation from other group members. When you have 3-5 people counting on you to be there every day, it becomes very motivating. Clients now hate to miss a training session because they do not want to miss out on anything that we did that day. Seeing another group member perform a difficult exercise or push themselves beyond their limits also gives each individual a little extra motivation.
5. We get more done in our training sessions than in a 1 on 1 setting where a lot of time is spent talking. The only talking is done between exercises and during warm up and cool down. Clients will be moving quickly through metabolic circuit style training so there is little time for chit chat. We get so much work done and there is no "filling time" with idle talking. We have a great time training and have fun, but everyone pushes to the limit.
6. The investment into training is much more cost effective than personal training. Group personal training is about 50% less expensive than one on one personal training. Clients see a huge return on their investment and a smaller cost allows them to keep coming back, which leads to amazing results.
7. People have fun and gain a social element. Training with 4-5 other people is motivating and fun. We joke, motivate and laugh. Clients get an incredible workout and they also look forward to coming to training because they develop friendships with their fellow group members.
8. There is time between sets to talk about nutrition, hydration, and other topics that are necessary for optimal health. We create a full lifestyle change program. Clients are able to discuss any problems or successes they are having. Other group members can relate and weigh in on their experiences as well as get advice and guidance from myself.
If you are looking to get incredibly fit, lean and healthy I recommend looking into small group personal training in your area. Once you find a trainer that you can trust and that can manage multiple individuals, you will be well on your way to a great physique. Small group personal training keeps you motivated, push you to the limits, keep you safe and supervised, give you the opportunity to make great friends, and most importantly- give you incredible results.
Related Articles -
Personal trainer, personal trainers, personal training,