Landscape design is also an important part of home décor or home improvement. One of the most important things to be taken into account during landscape design is to take into account what you already have. You cannot have a nice English garden, if your yard conditions are different and does not allow for this type of landscaping. You can incorporate xeriscaping and drought resistant elements in your landscape if you live in an arid climate. You must consider the following elements when it comes to selecting a landscape or garden style: |
The conditions that is available in your yard. Whether the place is shady or sunny mostly
The kind of functions that would take place in your yard
Those who will be suing the yard such as pets or children
Whether you are in favor of a low-maintenance landscape or whether you can invest more time on your yard
The landscape style that would best suit your home
The landscape style that would reflect your lifestyle the best
There are several traditional styles in landscaping from which you can choose one to be incorporated in your home. You can also select a few from assorted styles and can be creative to create your design which is unique.
1. In the English style garden landscape; there are many perennials and shrubs that are used in a style that complements the architecture of your home. You can also have other fantastic and ornate elements included such as bird bath or arbor.
2. In the oriental Landscape style, a variety of plants, evergreens, water and rocks are used to create distinct look. In this style you can also incorporate the Japanese Zen garden of traditional style.
3. The Woodland Landscape shows the natural style and has a more wild appearance than many of the other garden styles. If you cannot spend on maintenance, you can go in for this type of garden style.
4. The Formal Landscape follows straight lines, symmetrical patterns and precise geometric shapes with well maintained and pruned plants. The topiary design can be mostly found in these landscapes. This type of landscaping requires a lot of maintenance.
5. Informal landscape style makes use of plant beds with curved edges. You can find plants arranged in random patterns. If children may play in the area you can go in for this type of landscape style.
You can choose from one of the aforesaid styles while going in for home improvement or landscaping in your home.
Related Articles -
Landscaper, landscapers, landscaping,