To start with baking, the first thing to do is to collect, buy and gather the necessary equipment so you can bake freely. Starting to bake without having all the right equipment is like going to a war without firearms or going to school without pen and paper. This article aims to provide information on the things you need to secure to make sure you'll be successful in your baking interest whether you're doing it as a hobby or as a small business. I remember when I was just starting to have interest in baking, the first thing I did was not to learn how to bake but to buy all the necessary equipment I would need. As a beginner, you need to worry less about what you are lacking. The focus should be on your craft and on the baking skills you need to master. Here's what we have on our list. |
1. Apron - The first on this list. Professional bakers are only the ones who wear aprons and complete baking attire but consider buying a set for yourself and wearing them whenever you bake. You will notice that wearing an apron will actually make you feel like an expert in the kitchen even if you're actually just a beginner. More importantly, it keeps your clothes from being dirty while you work. There are already lots of great looking and fashionable aprons today other than the white plain ones you usually see, so you can stay fashionable while you bake.
2. Cake pans - investing in cake pans that are durable and high quality is important. in baking, few things are important than a good recipe and a quality cake pan. Cake pans are for baking cakes and making cake layers.
3. Icing Smoother - helps you create smooth icing on your cakes. one of the biggest challenge in baking a cake is not the actual baking but putting on finishing touches on the icing. this tool is truly a great help for those who wants perfectly polished icings on the cake, a must have especially if you're baking for business purposes.
4. Disposable bags for piping and icing - allows you to handle frosting without a hassle. save less time on cleanup, all you have to do is dispose the bags after use. no hassle at all. eliminates difficult cleanup on icing bags where the icing sticks inside.
5. Measuring cups - recipes are the basic foundation of cooking and baking. following the accurate measurements on these recipes is the key to success. you can do that with the help of measuring cups. with this tool, you'll never again go wrong in baking.
6. Cake rings - making cake layers and other treats are really easy with cake rings. This tool comes in varied sizes so you have plenty of choices when it comes to how big or small you want your cake to be. use these together with other tools like parchment paper or perhaps a baking mat and baking is really easy and hassle free.
7. Silicone baking mat - this is the tool that never goes missing in my kitchen and one that i consider my best discovery since i started to bake. my friend gave me one and after i tried it, never again did i bake without it. my favorite is the fact that nothing sticks to it. hard to believe but true enough, nothing sticks to it. no need for greasing or even the use of parchment paper. this truly helps you save a lot of cash. it comes at a reasonable price, easy to store and easy to clean. plus you can use it many times before it actually wears out. i think every baker need to have this. i have said goodbye to greasing and parchment paper and never going back. now, all you can see in my kitchen are my set of silicone baking mats plus other important tools, no more parchment papers!
Gates Kornberg specializes in cooking and baking. To learn more about silicone baking mat simply click here.
Related Articles -
silicone baking mat, baking, silicone baking, baking tools, baking tips,