Fall protection safety is something that every firm should look upon. Human life is the most important thing and protecting it should always be given first priority. The employment sector here can be widely categorized into organized and unorganized sector. Majority of the workers who work at such organizations and factories are not literate and they have no choice but to enter the unorganized sectors comprising of blue collar jobs. Blue collar job is basically the labor work which requires more of physical strength. Risk level is high at this level as the physical work is to be done. Companies like construction have several such kinds of jobs where physical work is more but this job also includes a lot of risk as they have to work on heights. So it is very important for workers to take care of themselves and the management should take care about the fall prevention measures as well. Here we have listed basic steps which can be taken by the management as well as workers to prevent fall accidents. |
Dos for a Worker
1. Workers should be well-known to the worksite surroundings.
2. Workers should be properly wearing all safety equipments and gears wherever required.
3. Workers should be cautious while working at an elevated level of more than 6ft from the ground level.
4. Workers should collectively be alert so as to prevent injuries and accidents.
Dos for management
1. Management should provide good quality safety equipment and also replace the ones that are not in order as a fall protection safety measure.
2. Managers must abide to uniform safety measures to ensure safety of their staff workers.
3. Proper knowledge and extensive training like practice rigging, self harnessing and know-how of fall protection techniques should be imparted to the workers so that they know how to deal with emergency situations or accidents.
4. Workers should be given first rate fall protection training which not only protects the detrimental repercussions of an accident but also save the company from any sudden expenses.
5. Many construction sites are located in highly populated areas and so it becomes the duty of management to ensure safety of public, like the bicyclers, pedestrians etc.
6. Incentives should be given to promote personal responsibility amongst employees.
7. Regular inspection of safety equipments and maintenance of them.
The U.S. Department of labour shows that 8% of lamentable occupational deaths are due to the falls. Thus, whether it is a normal contractor or a big construction company; all are advised for using the safety methods on the worksites. It not only prevents injuries but also enhances savings. Fewer injuries will lead to more savings and less expense on workers insurances, compensations i.e. prevention of potential economic loss etc. it will thus save time, energy, increase productivity. The company's reputation is of highest value. With application of the safety measures, the workers will feel that they are being taken care of and so will have more sense of belonging to the company. Again, it will help the company make a step ahead in public relations and internal relations within the organization and thus take the organization progress to higher levels.
Thus, as the life of the worker is priceless, it becomes very necessary for every company big or small to implement the above mentioned fall protection safety methods so as to do good to their workforce and the society as a whole.
Related Articles -
Health, Safety, Health and Safety,