The fresh HeroISL, Hindustan's very own football league is going to launch from 12-10, and while the nation highly anticipates for this soccer league, here is most of you should know about it.
Awaking Indian football out of hibernation
The Indian Super League was founded in 2013 after seeing that a lot of Indians are wild about soccer, but sadly, have no national football league with International allure to see. The ISL aims to turn the table.
It will have 8 franchise clubs, owned from people and companies across the country. The competition will launch in October and end in December.
The 8 teams that will compete in this competition are:
· Atletico de Kolkata, assisted by Antonio Lopez Habas, with Spain as the foreign draft.
· Chennai Titans, coached by Marco Materazzi with Italy as the foreign draft.
· Delhi Dynamos FC, trained by Harm van Veldhoven with Netherlands as the foreign draft.
· FC Goa, assisted by, Zico with Brazil as the foreign draft.
· Kerala Blasters FC, practiced by David James with England as the foreign draft.
· Mumbai City FC, practiced by Peter Reid with England as the foreign draft.
· North East United FC, trained by Ricki Herbert with New Zealand as the foreign draft.
· FC Pune City, coached by Franco Colomba with Italy as the foreign draft.
While building their squads, each team will have to aqcuire:
· At least 7 foreigners, out of which 2 will be from the squad and 5 will be from the foreign player draft;
· One marquee player, which in the words of AIFF is "A foreign recruit who has represented his country in any of the continental championships like the European Championship, Copa America, African Nations Cup, Asian Cup, or FIFA World Cup will be called a marquee player;" and
· fourteen Hindustani domestic players, four of which have to be local players from the city the club belongs to.
Important Who's who in the HeroISL
The competition is owned by Reliance Industries Ltd, Star India Pvt. Ltd. and IMG Worldwide Inc. It would be aired exclusively on STAR Sports and will have Hero MotoCorp as the cup; thus the name Hero Indian Super League. From Bollywood, we have John Abraham who co-owns the club North East United FC, Ranbir Kapoor who co-owns the Mumbai City FC squad, Abhishek Bachchan who co-owns Chennaiyin FC club, Salman Khan who co-owns the FC Pune City squad, and Varun Dhawan who is the brand ambassador of the FC Goa outfit. From the field of Indian Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar is the co-owner of the Kerala Blasters FC team and Sourav Ganguly is the co-owner of the Atletico de Kolkata team.
Every year, the competition would be played between October and December. Each team will play against all other outfits twice on a home-and-away basis. The top four teams will compete in the finals.
Investing in the club
Team owners' investments in the ISL are worth having a look. Different teams have spent a great amount to sign foreign players:
Goa: 430.000 USD
Chennai Titans: 380.000 USD
Atletico de Kolkata: 350.000 USD
Mumbai City: 330.000 USD
Kerala Blasters: 315.000 USD
Pune City: 280.000 USD
Delhi Dynamos: 260.000 USD
North East United: 260.000 USD
With this kind of financing and international allure towards the ISL, this is surely a soccer competition you would not want to miss! Possibly a kickstart to bring soccer in India to a higher level!
Do you want to have more information about Indian Super League and the clubs likeKerala Blasters FC?
You can find information concerning the match report about Kerala Blasters FC here: www.indiansuperleague-news.com!
It is in all honesty very time-consuming because there are astoundingly many fansites to choose from. But this is for sure the best website for all your Kerala Blasters FC related news!
Related Articles -
Indian Super League, ISL News, ISL Teams, Indian Football, HeroISL,