Cloud storage is the latest buzzword in the technology world, and because of its long list of advantages, it's quickly becoming the method of choice for businesses. While using the cloud isn't complicated, it's important to ensure your data is secure at all times, and an IT consultant can help. |
Here are a list of eight advantages to using a cloud storage solution rather than a traditional hard drive approach, and three additional tips from IT consultant experts to take to keep your data safe.
Cloud Storage Advantages
1. Save Money Cloud storage solutions can provide storage space for your important business data for a low monthly fee.
2. Save Space Storing your data on the cloud doesn't require physical servers, and can save valuable space in your business.
3. Secure Online storage services are secure. They use encrypted data and require authorization to access the files. There are ways that an IT consultant can work with you to make this security even more impenetrable, and we've outlined those below.
4. Automated Backing up your data is probably one of the most important things you can do, and with traditional server based systems, it's possible that it doesn't get done. Online storage services offer automation options to ensure that your important data is backed up frequently without fail.
5. It's Easily Accessible With new smart technology like smart phones and tablets, authorized users can access your data stored on the cloud from any device with an Internet connection.
6. Automatic Synching Data stored online will automatically synch across multiple devices so that regardless of where you're viewing a document, you can rest assured you're looking at the most recent version.
7. Easy to Share In a business environment it's important to be able to share collaborative documents and information quickly and easily, and ensure that all users are viewing the most recent version of a document. Cloud solutions make that possible for authorized users.
8. Recovery If something should happen to your original files, but your data is stored in the cloud, you will have easy to access backups of all of your originals to get you up and running and back to business in no time.
5 Tips to Keep Your Data Secure in the Cloud
While the encryption protocol for data stored in the cloud offers a generous layer of security, a top IT consultant offers up these five additional tips to keep your data as air tight as possible.
1. Use complex, difficult to guess passwords. Sure, we all know the frustration of having to use a letter, a capital letter, two symbols, three hashtags, and a half a dozen more criteria when generating a new password on some devices, but there's a method to the madness. The more complex the password, the more difficult it will be for unauthorized users to gain access to your data.
2. Provide need to know access to users. Not all users will need access to every piece of data stored in the Cloud. Staff at various levels within your organization can be compartmentalized to ensure they only have access to data they need, and sensitive materials are restricted.
3. Encrypt your wireless devices. Any wireless device used to access cloud data should also be password protected with a separate, unique password from the cloud log in credentials. This extra layer of security will add a layer of protection to your valuable information.
Storing your business data in the cloud will continue to become even more popular in years to come. Explore your options and learn how to save money and securely back up your data by following our tips above and you'll be among the savvy business owners embracing the technology of the future.
To learn more about their options for an IT consultant, Houston residents should visit http://www.notonsite.com.
Related Articles -
IT, consultant, Houston,