Having a patio built can offer the homeowner an attractive outdoor space in which you can have friends and family over for cookouts or just a place to sit and relax. It can be the focal point of your backyard. The patio can be as large or as small as you have space for and can fit most any budget. It does not have to be your standard plain concrete grey color but you can use stenciled concrete, stained concrete, or stamped concrete. |
If you want, you can build the concrete patio or have it done by a concrete construction company. Remember if you do it yourself, it can be a complicated project and can run into hidden costs. Having a patio built by professional concrete contractors has the experience, tools, and technology to do it correctly.
Before deciding if you want to have a concrete patio, you should look at the pros and cons and then decide if you will use it enough to offset the cost of constructing it.
• It can function as additional dining area, especially if the weather is suitable
• With a concrete patio the area will be level and solid and easier to set furniture on it unlike setting furniture on unlevel ground and grass
• It is less prone to mud and insects
• Using your outdoor concrete patio gives you an area in which to entertain without creating a mess in the house
• Requires low maintenance
• It can be poured in any shape
• They are highly durable
• Because of the hardness of the concrete, it might not be suitable for families with children because they could get hurt if they are running around and fall.
• The concrete construction of a patio can be expensive to install. A simple patio that measures ten feet by ten feet can cost between one thousand and two thousand dollars. A larger concrete patio that is approximately eighty feet by twenty feet can cost between four thousand and six thousand dollars. These prices usually include both materials and labor costs but check with the concrete companies to make sure. If you want customization, it can add as much as two thousand dollars to the cost.
• It can be prone to unsightly cracks that leave the patio needing to be replaced or have costly repairs done. This usually happens when non-professionals pour the concrete patio onto soil that has not been prepared the correct way and it has not been laid to allow for contraction and expansion of the concrete.
• To make it usable during inclement weather you will need to build a roof or even enclose it
About the author:
This article is penned by Richard Conrad who has worked in the concrete pouring industry for over 6 years now and is currently employed with Bama Concrete Finishing of Alabama. The company is one of the leading concrete companies and provides the best results for concrete construction in the area. The company takes up both residential work and commercial work and offer services in Huntsville, Gadsden and Birmingham areas.
Related Articles -
concrete construction company, Driveway contractor, concrete pouring contractor, concrete pouring company, concrete contractors, concrete construction,