Poker is a game for those who can take it. Playing poker at ClubWPT you have to be smart, tenacious, eager to risk everything in order to gain. You have to have good control over your facial expression, because once you are caught bluffing you can lose everything you have gained up to this point. From this game comes the expression “poker face”. Players have to keep their faces straight in order to fool others. |
In the game of Texas Hold’em, a pair of aces is the best start-up hand that one can get. Unfortunately the chances of getting a pocket aces from the start are rather small. Let’s say you do get your hands on aces. At this step pretty much everyone that is a newbie at this game, makes their first mistake. You must play them with caution or you will stand to lose big time.
Don’t you worry! I will teach you a few strategies.
1. After you pick the cards, keep your face as blank as possible. Don’t let your opponents see you enjoy the cards you have. This will trigger a click into their minds and probably see right through you.
2. If someone goes all in preflop, you should call them. This way people will get out and you will have a chance of winning the money in some time.
3. Make sure you are heads up on the flop. Look to raise with pocket aces and not limp in. You don’t want to face too many opponents on the flop. Don’t limp and then re-raise when an opponent does that. They will ask themselves what hand are you having, why you limp and then re-raise and you will get caught.
4. Do not slowplay. That means don’t bluff too much, even if the opponent you are facing is an aggressive one. You want to get more money, not slow down the game. More money can be only made by betting and raising to increase the pot as much as possible. You want to make your opponent pay.
5. Your bets have a saying in what manner you are playing and not only that. Betting only the minimum is almost like yelling “I want action at this table”. Avoid this method.
6. Try to thin the opponents number to 1 or 2. This will guarantee you a better chance at winning.
7. Read your opponent well! He might get very aggressive with a bet in order to push you off your hand. Or maybe he has an obvious flush or straight draw. You can choose the safe way and fold or you can come over the top of your opponent’s raise. Don’t be fooled or you will lose your bet.
To read more about ClubWPT visit https://wptpokerclub.wordpress.com/, you will find a lot of tips about strategy, bonus codes, real money and so on. In poker no one can guarantee your money back, not even when you start with a hand of pocket Aces. It all depends on you and how well you can play them. These are a few strategies to help you. Use them wisely!
Related Articles -