The new ISL, India's exclusive football competition is going to commence from twelve october 2014, and as the football fans gears up for this soccer competition, here is most of you should know about it.
Taking Hindustani football out of sleep
The HeroISL was initiated in 2013 after noticing that a lot of Indians are crazy about football, but regrettably, have no national soccer league with International prestige to see. The HeroISL aims to turn the table.
It is going to comprise 8 franchise clubs, owned from people and companies across the country. The league will commence in October and end in December.
The 8 teams that will compete in this competition are:
· Atletico de Kolkata, coached by Antonio Lopez Habas, with Spain as the foreign draft.
· Chennai Titans, coached by Marco Materazzi with Italy as the foreign draft.
· Delhi Dynamos FC, trained by Harm van Veldhoven with Netherlands as the foreign draft.
· FC Goa, assisted by, Zico with Brazil as the foreign draft.
· Kerala Blasters FC, coached by David James with England as the foreign draft.
· Mumbai City FC, assisted by Peter Reid with England as the foreign draft.
· North East United FC, practiced by Ricki Herbert with New Zealand as the foreign draft.
· FC Pune City, practiced by Franco Colomba with Italy as the foreign draft.
While building their squads, each club will have to sign:
· At least seven foreigners, out of which 2 will be from the club and five will be from the foreign player draft;
· One star player, which in the words of AIFF is "A foreign recruit who has represented his country in any of the continental championships like the European Championship, Copa America, African Nations Cup, Asian Cup, or FIFA World Cup will be called a star player;" and
· fourteen Indian domestic players, four of which have to be local players from the city the squad belongs to.
Important Ownership in the Indian Super League
The league is owned by Reliance Industries Ltd, Star India Pvt. Ltd. and IMG Worldwide Inc. It would be shown only on STAR Sports and will have Hero MotoCorp as the league; thus the name Hero Indian Super League. From Bollywood, we have John Abraham who co-owns the squad North East United FC, Ranbir Kapoor who co-owns the Mumbai City FC team, Abhishek Bachchan who co-owns Chennaiyin FC team, Salman Khan who co-owns the FC Pune City team, and Varun Dhawan who is the brand ambassador of the FC Goa club. From the field of Indian Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar is the co-owner of the Kerala Blasters FC team and Sourav Ganguly is the co-owner of the Atletico de Kolkata outfit.
Indian Super League setup:
Every year, the competition would be played between October and December. Each team will play against all other clubs twice on a home-and-away basis. The top four teams will take part in the finals.
Financing the club
Team owners' investments in the ISL are worth having a look. Different teams have invested a lot to buy foreign players:
Goa: 430.000 USD
Chennai Titans: 380.000 USD
Atletico de Kolkata: 350.000 USD
Mumbai City: 330.000 USD
Kerala Blasters: 315.000 USD
Pune City: 280.000 USD
Delhi Dynamos: 260.000 USD
North East United: 260.000 USD
With this kind of money and international allure towards the Indian Super League, this is surely a soccer league you would not want to miss! Possibly a quality boos to bring football in Hindustan to a higher level!
Are you looking for more information about Indian Super League and the clubs like Delhi Dynamos FC?
You can find information touching the player statistics concerning Delhi Dynamos FC here: www.indiansuperleague-news.com!
It is in all honesty problematic because there were many spots to select from. But this is for sure the best place for all your Delhi Dynamos FC related news!
Related Articles -
Indian Super League, Indian Football,