Dandruff refers to a condition of the scalp that results to flakes on the skin and in addition to this it causes itching and redness of the skin. Dandruff often appeals whitish in color, in form of dead skin on the scalp. |
Causes of Dandruff
There are various factors that cause dandruff on the scalp, they include:
• Yeast. People who are sensitive to yeast are likely to get dandruffs on their scalp and especially during the winter. However during summer this condition gets better due to the fact that there is UVA light that counteracts yeast therefore decreasing the chances of getting the dandruff.
• Dry skin. People with dry skin also are at a risk of getting the dandruff especially during the winter season due to the cold air.
• Insufficient shampooing. This results to a buildup of oil and dead skin cells causing dandruff. Shampooing is a mechanism of cleansing the scalp so that the buildup of oil is prevented.
• Skin disorders and other conditions can also cause dandruff. People with psoriasis and eczema are prone to getting dandruff on the scalp.
• Some illnesses such as stroke and heart attack also contribute to dandruff due to the fact that they weaken the immune system of the individual.
• Reaction to hair or other skin care products especially those that irritate the skin can also result to dandruff
Connection Between Dandruff and Acne
Acne refers to pimples that occur mostly on the forehead where the cause is dandruff. Both dandruff and acne are in one way or another related and their development is attributed to over reactive oil glands in the skin. Some of the contributors to acne such as shedding of the skin and overgrowth of the bacteria come up as a result of dandruff. Medication for acne can also be used to cure dandruff for instance salicylic acid. In addition to this the acne caused by dandruff can be cured if dandruff is cured first.
Acne on Forehead Due to Dandruff.
Acne caused by dandruff appears on the forehead and this might be a bit embarrassing therefore it is important to cure the dandruff so as to cure the acne too.
How to Prevent Dandruff
There are various ways to prevent dandruff and the most effective ones are natural ways. These include;
• Avoid stress as this weakens the immune system and increases the likelihood of diseases and dandruff too
• Cautiously choose hair style products such as styling gels and hair wax.This is to avoid getting the scalp very oily as it may result to a build up with the skin cells to cause dandruff.
• Regular shampooing which helps clean the skin and therefore the amount of oil on the scalp is regulated.
Home Remedies to Cure Acne Due to Dandruff
• Use of coconut oil which moisture's the scalp leading to erosion of the flakes
• Yogurt and lemon mask. Both have antibacterial and antioxidant properties that cure acne
• Use of aloe Vera gel and almond oil.
Your best way to get rid of acne naturally would be to drink lots of water and try not to stress too much about it as stress if known to make acne worse. Also acne goes away pretty fast when you know how to get rid of body toxins.
Related Articles -
connection between dandruff and acne, best way to get rid of acne naturally,