If your business needs to move materials in bulk or if you are engaged in any kind of construction, you will probably require the use of roll-off trucks at some point. It's important to have a good relationship with your roll-off manufacturing facility so they can provide you with the exact size and type of container for your needs. Consider these factors: |
Type of Hoist System
The hoist system is the mechanism that lifts the container onto the truck. There are two types that are used for different applications when it comes to loading and unloading containers.
- Roll-off hoists: This is the most common system, and it uses a cable and winch to pull the load up to the truck's bed. The container must have the appropriate hook in the front, located where the winch can easily connect to it. It must also have wheels so it can be pulled by the truck hoist. The rails on the hoist must line up with the bottom rail of the container. A reputable company will make sure all the measurements are exactly in order to meet your configuration requirements.
- Hook-lift hoists: Instead of cables, this type uses hydraulic power to do all the work. A large hook on the back of the truck allows the driver to back up and connect to a similar hook on the container and then lift it onto the truck. This method is preferred by many transport companies because the driver never has to leave the vehicle or work any separate controls.
A professional roll-off manufacturing firm will build a container that fits your needs. The size will depend on what is being transported and how much weight you will haul. If you are moving heavy materials, you will need a smaller size, since a larger unit may become overweight when filled.
How much you are going to haul will determine many aspects of the truck's design, including the frame, axle, engine, and hoist capacity requirements. Work with an experienced team to make sure you will be using your equipment appropriately so it will last.
Most importantly, you want to make sure the roll-off container fits the job. Some common examples include the following:
- For construction sites, you may be moving heavy building materials or scrap materials. In this case, you will want steel that is thicker than what is used for standard configurations.
- If you are moving liquid, you will need a sealed back door.
- When hauling wood shavings, mulch, or other fine materials, you may want a door to close inside of the body so small pieces won't escape through gaps in the body and door.
An experienced roll-off manufacturing team can help your business be safe and efficient when transporting materials from place to place. Talk with the team about your needs and your preferences for configuration and size to come up with the right solution for your business.
When they need roll-off manufacturing, CA businesses should consult http://www.stocktontrailersmanufacturing.com/.
Related Articles -
roll, off, manufacturing, ca,