The amazing HeroISL, Hindustan's very own soccer league is going to begin from 12-10-2014, and as the people gear up for this competition, here is what you should know about it.
Taking Hindustani soccer out of sleep
The Indian Super League was initiated in 2013 after noticing that many Indians are wild about football, but unfortunately, have no national football competition with International allure to follow. The Indian Super League aims to turn this around.
It will comprise 8 franchise teams, owned from people and companies across the country. The competition will initiate in October and end in December.
The 8 teams that will compete in this league are:
· Atletico de Kolkata, coached by Antonio Lopez Habas, with Spain as the foreign draft.
· Chennai Titans, coached by Marco Materazzi with Italy as the foreign draft.
· Delhi Dynamos FC, coached by Harm van Veldhoven with Netherlands as the foreign draft.
· FC Goa, assisted by, Zico with Brazil as the foreign draft.
· Kerala Blasters FC, practiced by David James with England as the foreign draft.
· Mumbai City FC, trained by Peter Reid with England as the foreign draft.
· North East United FC, trained by Ricki Herbert with New Zealand as the foreign draft.
· FC Pune City, practiced by Franco Colomba with Italy as the foreign draft.
While building their outfits, each team will have to sign:
· At least 7 foreigners, out of which 2 will be from the team and 5 will be from the foreign player draft;
· One marquee player, which in the words of AIFF is "A foreign recruit who has represented his country in any of the continental championships like the European Championship, Copa America, African Nations Cup, Asian Cup, or FIFA World Cup will be called a marquee player;" and
· 14 Indian domestic players, four of which have to be local players from the city the squad belongs to.
Important Who's who in the ISL
The competition is owned by Reliance Industries Ltd, Star India Pvt. Ltd. and IMG Worldwide Inc. It would be aired only on STAR Sports and will have Hero MotoCorp as the league; thus the name Hero Indian Super League. From Bollywood, we have John Abraham who co-owns the team North East United FC, Ranbir Kapoor who co-owns the Mumbai City FC outfit, Abhishek Bachchan who co-owns Chennaiyin FC team, Salman Khan who co-owns the FC Pune City team, and Varun Dhawan who is the brand ambassador of the FC Goa outfit. From the field of Indian Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar is the co-owner of the Kerala Blasters FC squad and Sourav Ganguly is the co-owner of the Atletico de Kolkata squad.
Every year, the league would be played between October and December. Each team will play against all other outfits twice on a home-and-away basis. The top 4 teams will finish in the finals.
Investing in the squad
Club owners' investments in the HeroISL are worth having a look. Different clubs have spent a lot to purchase foreign players:
Goa: 430.000 USD
Chennai Titans: 380.000 USD
Atletico de Kolkata: 350.000 USD
Mumbai City: 330.000 USD
Kerala Blasters: 315.000 USD
Pune City: 280.000 USD
Delhi Dynamos: 260.000 USD
North East United: 260.000 USD
With this kind of investments and international allure towards the Indian Super League, this is surely a soccer league you would not want to miss! Possibly a media boost to bring football in Hindustan to a higher level!
Would you like to find more information about The Indian Super League?
You can grab data touching the match reports related to The Indian Super League here: www.indiansuperleague-news.com!
It is honestly problematic because there were many places to pick from. But this is for sure the best place for all your The Indian Super League related news!
Related Articles -
ISL News, HeroISL,