The fresh ISL, India's very own football competition is going to start from 12 October, and as the fans anticipates for this soccer competition, here is the basics you should know about it.
Taking Indian soccer out of sleep
The HeroISL was set up in 2013 after noticing that many Indians are wild about soccer, but unfortunately, have no national football league with International prestige to watch. The ISL aims to turn this around.
It is going to consist of 8 franchise teams, owned from people and companies across the country. The league will start in October and end in December.
The 8 teams that will compete in this league are:
· Atletico de Kolkata, coached by Antonio Lopez Habas, with Spain as the foreign draft.
· Chennai Titans, assisted by Marco Materazzi with Italy as the foreign draft.
· Delhi Dynamos FC, coached by Harm van Veldhoven with Netherlands as the foreign draft.
· FC Goa, coached by, Zico with Brazil as the foreign draft.
· Kerala Blasters FC, assisted by David James with England as the foreign draft.
· Mumbai City FC, coached by Peter Reid with England as the foreign draft.
· North East United FC, coached by Ricki Herbert with New Zealand as the foreign draft.
· FC Pune City, practiced by Franco Colomba with Italy as the foreign draft.
While building their squads, each outfit will have to aqcuire:
· At least seven foreigners, out of which 2 will be from the team and 5 will be from the foreign player draft;
· One marquee player, which in the words of AIFF is "A foreign recruit who has represented his country in any of the continental championships like the European Championship, Copa America, African Nations Cup, Asian Cup, or FIFA World Cup will be called a marquee player;" and
· fourteen Hindustani homegrown players, four of which have to be local players from the city the team belongs to.
Popular Who's who in the HeroISL
The league is owned by Reliance Industries Ltd, Star India Pvt. Ltd. and IMG Worldwide Inc. It would be televisedbroadcasted only on STAR Sports and will have Hero MotoCorp as the competition; thus the name Hero Indian Super League. From Bollywood, we have John Abraham who co-owns the outfit North East United FC, Ranbir Kapoor who co-owns the Mumbai City FC club, Abhishek Bachchan who co-owns Chennaiyin FC outfit, Salman Khan who co-owns the FC Pune City club, and Varun Dhawan who is the brand ambassador of the FC Goa outfit. From the field of Indian Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar is the co-owner of the Kerala Blasters FC team and Sourav Ganguly is the co-owner of the Atletico de Kolkata club.
Every year, the competition would be played between October and December. Each team will play against all other teams twice on a home-and-away basis. The top 4 teams will compete in the finals.
Investing in the team
Team owners' investments in the HeroISL are worth having a look. Different clubs have invested hugely to sign foreign players:
Goa: 430.000 USD
Chennai Titans: 380.000 USD
Atletico de Kolkata: 350.000 USD
Mumbai City: 330.000 USD
Kerala Blasters: 315.000 USD
Pune City: 280.000 USD
Delhi Dynamos: 260.000 USD
North East United: 260.000 USD
With this kind of financing and international prestige towards the HeroISL, this is surely a football competition you would not want to miss! Possibly a kickstart to bring football in India to a higher level!
Would you like to find information about Indian Super League and the clubs like Atletico de Kolkata?
You can find articles about the match report related to Atletico de Kolkata here: www.indiansuperleague-news.com!
It was truly hard because there are a lot spots to pick from. But this is for sure the best site for all your Atletico de Kolkata related news!
Related Articles -
HeroISL, Indian Football,