Machine design procedures are generally not fixed because the designing involves many new elements that needs careful consideration. Even while creation a particular and firm rule cannot be applied to get the best design for the machine at reasonable prices.|
In machinery designing one who develops the habit of following a static line of steps or procedures for designing the machine or machine elements cannot come out with the best product. Flexible approaches and careful considerations are highly necessary while developing a new machinery as these can eliminate several issues that arises at the designing stage.
Though the machine design procedure is not regular or similar, there are some common steps that can be followed as per requirement.
Herein below are some guidelines that would explain the general process by which machine design engineer can proceed with their work:
1. Creation of the written statement: The first step is jotting down the statement for the reason behind the making of the machine. This statement needs to be to the point, clear and in as much detail as possible. For every project development the primary step is writing down the details. This written document is to be made in the form of a list of targets that needs to be achieved by the machine.
2. Contemplate the possible mechanisms: All possible mechanisms are to be understood and considered while designing that would help the desired motion or the group of motions in your proposed machine. These various options can be compared and from them the best is to be selected as per requirement.
3. Calculate the transmitted forces: Machines are made up of numerous elements on which various forces are applied. A vital part of the designing process is the calculation of the forces that act on each element and energy transmitted by them.
4. Selection of the material: Selection of the material for the different elements of the machine are very important. They need to be appropriate so that they can sustain all the forces and also have least possible cost.
5. Correct proportions of the machine elements: It is important to note the required dimensions for the machinery designs, keeping in mind the materials, the forces acting on them and the design stress. The machine size should be accurate so that they don’t distort or break when loads are applied.
6. Draw the machine design: After the designing process is over, now you must indulge in the assembly drawings of the whole machines and detailed drawings of all the elements of the machine. These drawings must clearly specify the dimensions of the assembly and the machine elements, including their total number required, their material and method of their production. The surface finish, accuracy and other related parameters for the machinery designs in Kentucky also needs to be specified.
Leon Grant has performed a series of interview with the owners of several industrial machinery traders in the U.S., one of them is Design Industries Inc. From all these interviews, he established that the machinery designs in Kentucky are the best among many others available in the U.S. and so are in great demand among all small and large scale industries.
Related Articles -
machinery, designs, in, Kentucky,