According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, breast augmentation is the most popular plastic surgery procedure for women in the U.S. today. This procedure is designed to increase breast size and help women feel more confident about their bodies. If you are considering breast augmentation in Sacramento, CA, it is important to schedule an initial consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure and determine if it is right for you. Read on to learn the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about breast augmentation surgery. |
What Is Breast Augmentation Surgery? Breast augmentation, also called augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure designed to increase the size, shape, and fullness of the breasts. This procedure involves placing a silicone or saline implant under the chest muscle or breast tissue. Breast augmentation is typically used to improve self-esteem and body image issues, but is also commonly used in breast cancer reconstruction.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation Surgery? Because breast augmentation is an invasive surgical procedure, it is important to ensure that all patients meet the recommended criteria for the procedure. The following individuals would be considered good candidates for the procedure:
• Women 18 years of age or older
• Women in good physical and mental health.
• Women with small or asymmetrical breasts
• Women with drooping or sagging breasts due to pregnancy and breastfeeding
• Women who have experienced changes in breast size due to weight loss
• Women undergoing breast cancer reconstruction
Who Is Not a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation Surgery? Breast augmentation is an elective procedure that is not right for everyone. The following individuals would not be considered good candidates for the procedure:
• Women under 18 years old
• Women who have undergone radiation therapy
• Women with unrealistic expectations
• Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or plan to become pregnant within the next year.
• Women with a high risk of breast cancer
What Steps Are Involved in the Breast Augmentation Surgery? The breast augmentation procedure typically includes the following steps:
• Administration of anesthesia
• Creating the incision
• Inserting and placing the implant under the breast tissue or chest muscle
• Closing the incision
What Type of Recovery Can I Expect? Breast augmentation is an invasive surgical procedure that requires 2 to 4 weeks of recovery time. Following the surgery, patients can expect to spend 1 to 2 hours in the recovery room before returning home. Recovery from breast augmentation surgery typically involves some pain and swelling, which will decrease over time. Patients can expect to return to work after 3 days of reduced activity, but should avoid heavy lifting or exercise for 3 to 4 weeks.
How Do I Choose the Right Plastic Surgeon for My Breast Augmentation Surgery?
When considering breast augmentation in Sacramento CA, or your hometown, it is important to carefully research and interview several different candidates before making your final decision. Taking the following steps will help ensure that you find the right plastic surgeon for your breast augmentation surgery.
• Get Referrals: Ask friends, relatives, and your primary care physician for referrals to reputable plastic surgeons they know and trust.
• Check Credentials: Look for candidates that are board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and participate in continuing education classes.
• Check Experience: Look for candidates that are experienced performing the breast augmentation procedure.
• Search Reviews: Search the Internet for ratings and reviews on each potential candidate.
• Schedule a Consultation: After narrowing down your list, schedule an initial consultation with at least three different qualified candidates. Discuss their credentials, experience, and surgical recommendations. Ask to view before and after photos to evaluate their previous work. Finally, discuss all financial aspects of the procedure before making your final decision.
The Greater Sacramento Plastic Surgical Society http://plasticsurgeonsofsacramento.com/ offers board-certified plastic surgeons to provide you with comfort, safety, and efficiency. Read about breast augmentation Sacramento CA to learn more.
Related Articles -
breast, augmentation, sacramento, ca,