Wondering how to keep that beautiful summer skin all year round? It’s easy! Whether you choose to use a traditional bed or a spray tan in Overland Park, you can keep that sun-kissed glow, even in the dead of winter. Before getting your tan on, here are a few things you should know: |
1. Not all tanning beds are created equal. You may notice that your tanning salon has a variety of different tanning beds. Don’t assume that they will all achieve the same result. In fact, each model of bed will give you a completely different result. Some will tan your skin more gradually, while others will work more quickly. Some are meant to be laid down in, while others will tan you while standing up. To get the best result for your skin, it’s best to consult with the tanning experts at your salon. They will be able to find the right fit for you.
2. Don’t go for the maximum time in the beginning. Each type of bed will have a maximum amount of minutes that it will allow it’s user to tan. Depending on your skin type and it’s resilience to the sun, it’s best to start out slow. While going for the full amount of time available might seem like the quickest way to get bronzed skin, it can result in a serious sunburn and damage. Getting bronzed skin through a tanning bed will take some time. Take care of your skin and take it slow.
3. Going sunless is a great idea. If you are looking for a quick way to get a sun-kissed glow, opt for a sun-free tan. Airbrush and spray tans are a great way to achieve an instant bronzed look without ever setting foot in the sun.
4. There is a difference between an airbrush tan and a spray tan. For a more personal color, an airbrush tan might be right for you. The color will be mixed by a tanning professional and then applied through an airbrush gun directly onto your skin. It makes it much easier to avoid streaking and that dreaded orange color. A spray tan involves standing in a tanning booth, while a machine strategically sprays your body with an already mixed color cartridge. Both of these tanning options usually last about a week.
5. Even sunless has different options. No matter whether you choose an airbrush tan or a spray tan, you can choose different colors. From a light bronze to a dark tan, your desire color can be achieved through sunless tanning.
6. Cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize—always. Whether you are choosing to go sunless or to tan in a traditional bed, it’s important to prepare beforehand. Cleanse your skin, exfoliate and moisturize before each tanning session. This will help to prolong the life of your tan and keep the color more even.
7. Invest in a good tanning lotion. Miniaturization helps to keep your tan looking fresh. Be sure to invest in a great tanning lotion to use before each session. If you are prone to burning, try purchasing one with a low SPF. This will allow your skin to tan, but not burn as easily.
8. Consistency is key. If you are looking to build a deep tan, it’s important to be patient and consistent. If you are tanning through a traditional bed, tanning a few times a week will help to achieve your desired tan. If you are going sunless, you will want to tan once a week to maintain your perfect glow.
Whether you are looking for a tan from a traditional bed a spray tan in Overland Park, by understanding which is best for you, you can achieve gorgeous, beautiful skin all year round.
HD Tan is a tanning salon located in two Kansas cities: Overland Park and Lawrence. This is where America tans! Spray tan Overland Park! Visit our page on http://www.hdtanning.com/ for more info!
Related Articles -
spray, tan, Overland, Park,