If you are in the market for horse properties in Ocala, FL, then there are a lot of great options out there. Right now is an excellent time to be looking for such locations as the market has almost fully recovered. This means that homes are selling well making for a competitive market, but is still working up towards where pricing was before the crash. For you, this translates to faster selling times, and good prices. As you are looking at the different options available, be sure to look for the following things in the different properties: |
• Stability of structures: When you go to the different horse properties in Ocala, FL, make sure that you inspect the different structures on the property. Barns, stables, and other such outbuildings can require a lot of maintenance. The cost of this maintenance will depend on the age of the structures, the materials, used, the size, and the way they have been maintained. Make sure you know as many of these details as possible so you can have a good idea of what you would be walking into.
• Layout of land: Do not just trust the square footage and acreage descriptions you find on the real estate listings. A big plot of land put in a strange layout can really limit the options for your new purchase. Take some time to survey the lay of the land. Know where trees, rocks, hills, and water sources are. This will help you know how certain tasks will work, and will show you what options you will not be able to pursue without a lot of effort.
• Location: Take some time to write down all of the things you need in your location. Do you want to be close to neighbors? Is it important for you to be within 10 minutes of a grocery store? Is your heart set on a natural water source that will give you water rights? Write these things down before you look at properties so you will remember to look for all of these things.
• Proximity to food sources: Even if you are comfortable being far away from town, it will be good for you to know where the different grocery stores and markets are and how long it will take you to get to them from the properties you look at. The convenience and need for gas should be factored into your decision.
• Medical establishments: It will be important for you to know about the available medical clinic for you and your family, and for your animals. Ask about the doctors, hospitals, and veterinarians in the area.
• Natural grazing options: You can save a lot of money when raising and boarding horses if the land you purchase offers natural food sources. Rocky and sandy ground, or land placed in a strange layout will greatly limit the amount of grass, alfalfa, and oats that you will be able to produce on your land. Look for options that will provide the cheaper and healthier options for you and your horses.
This is a lot to consider, but you already know what a big investment horse properties in Ocala, FL, can be. Keep these items and anything else that comes to mind in a list as you look through the different options. Knowing where the different properties rate on these items will help you select the right ones to make an offer on, and will help you set the right level for the offers you do choose to make. All in all, thinking about these things will make this important process go a little more smoothly and will help you feel more in control of things.
With more than $200,000,000 in horse properties, luxury, estates, acreage, and horse properties Ocala FL, Joan Pletcher is the resource. Visit our page on http://www.joanpletcher.com/ for more info!
Related Articles -
horse, properties, ocala, fl,