Your outdoor space can be just as valuable as the space you have indoors. This is true both at home and in a business setting. You will find that you will use the outdoors for many things. There are a lot of family activities that happen on your patio. You might gather friends together during a quiet, warm summer evening. Your home's curb appeal can add to its value as well. One addition to this space, that you may not have considered, could be an awning. There are many reasons to think about putting one in place. There are both permanent and retractable awnings in Greenville, SC, and in areas all throughout the country. It is helpful to visit a business that features these in their outdoor planning. There are some reasons that you might want to include an awning in your outdoor décor. |
Why Choose an Awning?
• Awnings provide both comfort and enjoyment. They can create a getaway for you and your family. Having a cover over your deck or patio can transform the space, add shade, and make you feel more quiet, peaceful, and serene.
• An awning can help you to save energy. By having something available to block the sun, particularly on a very hot summer day, you will keep both the outside and inside area of your home cooler. This will allow you to reduce the energy that you are using on air conditioning. That translates right into a money savings for you as well. The Department of Energy says that an awning can reduce the internal temperature inside a home by 15%. That is a significant number. If you have a retractable awning, just the opposite can happen in the winter months. By allowing the sunshine into your home when it is cold, you are able to add warmth naturally.
• You can add distinction to your home with an awning. It provides an outdoor look that separates you from the other homes in your neighborhood. This can also add value to your home if you would choose to sell it.
• You can create a whole new outdoor space by adding an awning. It is a lot less expensive than actual construction would be. You can use the space for entertaining, dining, or gathering friends and family.
• You can actually find health benefits by adding an awning. The coverage that you will get will help to keep the direct sun from shining on you, as you are outdoors. You can have UV-resistant material that will help to protect you.
• The direct sun can also do damage to your belongings. By keeping a cover over your furniture, you can help it from fading or from becoming too hot. It will also help to keep the rain away from items that you have outside, avoiding water damage.
Retractable or Fixed?
If you have decided that you do want to add an awning to your home, the only other decision you need to make is how it is installed. You have two basic options. You can have a fixed awning attached to the structure of your home and it will always be there. It will be secure and you won't need to do anything else with it. It does limit your option of changing the area based on weather or need, but may be exactly what you want.
A retractable awning is less expensive and does add options for you. It can be put in place to shade an area, or easily pulled up to allow the space to totally be open. There are benefits to this type of situation as well. You will need to determine which is best for you. Take the time to go and look at Awnings in Greenville, SC, and in your area, and have an expert give you a hand.
Palmetto Outdoor Spaces Block the sun from your porch. Palmetto Outdoor Spaces has the best awnings for your home or business that give you shade for your patio or pool Visit our page on http://www.palmettooutdoorspaces.com to see our page today!
Related Articles -
Awnings, Greenville, SC,