During the summer, your swimming pool was a gathering place for your family. Barbecues, family parties, chicken fights, and late night swims were all added to your family’s memory book. However, now that it’s getting colder, you want to maintain your pool in order to keep it ready for the memories that are coming next summer. Whether you do it yourself or use a pool maintenance service in Atlanta, keeping your water crystal clear is easier than ever with these few tips and tricks. |
1. Invest in a pool cover. While they might not be aesthetically pleasing, a pool cover will definitely help to keep your water clean. If you live in an area where you will definitely not be using the pool during the colder season especially, a cover is a great idea. If you live in an area with falling leaves, a cover can help to keep the debris out of your water and filters. With a cover over your pool, it lessens the amount of work you have to do once the swimming season begins again.
2. Clean the surface with a net. Whether winterizing your pool, or simply just maintaining it during the summer, you need to make sure the surface is clean. Skim it with a net regularly, daily during the summer, to ensure that no debris gets stuck in the filter.
3. Vacuum it out. A vacuum can help to reduce chemical buildup in the pool. Plus, it can get rid of some of the debris that might be lingering in your pool. Especially before shutting it down for the season, give the vacuum a good run.
4. Scrub the tile and surrounding area. Cleaning the walls, tile, and surrounding area of the pool is vital, especially at the end of the season. It prevents residue from building up and will keep scum from developing on the tile. By sweeping the surrounding area throughout the year, you lessen the chance of dirt, dust, and debris getting under the pool cover and causing problems with your system.
5. Keep the filter clean. Even though you might not be using the pool, it’s important to check on the filter. Check on it frequently to ensure that it is in working order, and that there are no issues. Keeping it clean will help your pool to stay crystal clear even through the colder months.
6. Unplug the heater during the off season. If you don’t plan on using the pool, unplug all of the apparatuses. Heaters and vacuums don’t need to be used if the pool isn’t in frequent use. It reduces the chance of malfunction and gives you one less thing to worry about.
7. Blow the water out of the pipes. If you live in an area that experiences extremely cold weather, you need to ensure that there is no water left in the pipes of your pool. Otherwise, they could freeze and cause major issues. Pump all of the water out or use a blower to ensure that there is nothing in there once the snow hits.
8. Call in a professional. If you are unsure of how to care for your pool, leave it to the professionals. Pool maintenance companies are more than happy to inspect, prepare, and maintain your pool all throughout the cooler months. This will ensure that it is done well and done correctly.
Whether you decide to do it yourself or call in a pool maintenance service in Atlanta to help you during the winter months, it doesn’t matter. As long as your pool is well taken care of, you can be sure that it will be ready for plenty of parties come summertime.
Sunrise Pool Services Sunrise Pool Services is a pool cleaning company in Buford for over 30 years. We have pool maintenance professionals for residential and commercial. Call us today! Visit our page on http://www.sunrisepool.com/ to see our page today!
Related Articles -
Pool, Maintenance, Service, Atlanta,