Teeth are so often taken advantage of. They are used to eat, drink, speak, and smile. Without their presence, it can be difficult to feel confident in doing even the smallest of tasks. That is why dentures are so remarkable. They give those in need the opportunity to live a normal life. If you have dentures in Costa Mesa, CA, it is vital to take good care of them. Without the proper maintenance, your dentures could become damaged, decayed, or broken. Here are a few tips to keeping them in tip-top shape. |
1. Be careful what you eat. While most dentures do allow you to continue eating your favorite foods, there are a few things that you need to be careful with. Corn on the cob, apples, and any other foods that could cause the adhesive to weaken should be avoided when possible. Foods that require you to bite into them could cause damage to the dentures.
2. Rinse them regularly. After meals, be sure to remove your dentures and rinse them off. This will prevent food from getting trapped between your gums and the dentures. It will also keep them clean and in good shape.
3. Clean your gums as well. Anytime the dentures are removed, be sure to clean your mouth. Using a soft-bristled brush, gently scrub your tongue, cheeks, and palate.
4. Treat your dentures with care. Dentures are very gragile apparatuses. They can easily be broken if dropped. For that reason, always place a towel over the sink or counter, just incase it should fall. Also, take care not to bend or break the clasps and plastic when you are brushing and cleaning them.
5. Store them in liquid. Each night, remove your dentures. Then, place them in a proper solution for soaking. Be sure to follow your dentists suggestions for keeping them in the right liquid.
6. Continue to brush your dentures daily. Each morning and evening, use a soft bristled brush along with a non-abrasive cleanser to brush your dentures. Be sure to get in the grooves and remove any adhesive that might remain. While this cleaner is great for your dentures, it shouldn’t be used on the rest of your mouth.
7. Avoid bleach. Don’t try to whiten your dentures. Whether through a toothpaste or a whitening kit, bleaching your dentures can cause permanent damage due to the abrasive ingredients they contain. If you are looking for a brighter smile, talk to your dentist about further options.
8. Don’t try to boil your dentures. Hot water can warp the fit of your dentures. If you are trying to keep them clean, simply brush them daily and store them in the correct solution during the evenings.
9. Keep your dental appointments. Even though you might not have any natural teeth, it’s still important to see your dentist as often as he sees fit. This will ensure that the fit is snug and that your gums remain healthy. If you begin to notice any slippage, irritation, or infection between appointments, be sure to contact your dentist right away.
10. Rinse your dentures each time you put them back in your mouth. Because you will be using a variety of different cleaners to keep your dentures healthy, you need to be sure that you rinse them thoroughly before placing them back in your mouth. Otherwise, the chemicals can cause health issues for you and your mouth. Your dentures should give you the confidence you need to smile, eat, and speak freely. By caring for them properly, they will stay in good condition for years to come. If you have questions regarding your dentures in Costa Mesa CA, speak with your dental professional.
My Vivid Smiles Vivid Smiles offers great dental care at low prices! No wonder so many people are making us their dental care provider! Visit our page on http://www.myvividsmile.com/ to see our page today!
Related Articles -
Dentures, Costa, Mesa, CA,