If you are like most women, mascara is one of the most important elements in your makeup bag. In fact, a recent study showed that 65% of women swipe on mascara every day. But what if you could have longer, fuller eyelashes without all the fuss? Eyelash extensions, a growing trend in the US, add natural-looking length and fullness to eyelashes without the use of makeup. Read on to get the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about eyelashes extensions in Orem and determine if they are the answer you’ve been looking for.
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are a popular new product designed to lengthen and thicken your natural lashes. Eyelashes extensions are made from a synthetic material that both looks and feels like natural eyelashes.
What Is Involved in the Eyelash Extension Procedure?
Eyelash extensions are applied directly on top of your natural lashes with a medical-grade adhesive. The extensions are applied one lash at a time to give you a completely natural look. Because the process is so intricate, the first application can take up 2 hours to complete, while touch-ups average just 45 minutes.
How Long Do Eyelash Extensions Last?
When applied properly, eyelash extensions are designed to last the entire length of the eyelash's growth cycle. Natural eyelashes fall out every 45 to 60 days and are replaced with new eyelashes; however, some external factors may cause your extensions to fall out sooner. While each person’s experience may differ due to their daily activities, touch-ups are typically required every 2 to 3 weeks.
Does the Eyelash Extension Procedure Hurt?
No! The eyelash extension procedure is completely painless. In fact, most patients find the procedure so relaxing that they fall asleep!
Are Eyelash Extensions Safe?
Yes! With proper application, the eyelash extension procedure is completely safe. The FDA does not regulate the procedure because synthetic eyelashes do not touch the skin and are applied directly to the natural eyelashes. Unfortunately, improper application could damage the natural eyelashes, so it is important to use a certified and experienced eyelash extension specialist.
How Do I Care for Eyelash Extensions?
The most important rule of thumb for proper eyelash extension maintenance is “the less you touch them, the longer they will last.” Use the following recommendations to help care for your eyelash extensions:
- Do not get eyelashes wet for the first 12 to 24 hours
- Avoid running water directly on your lashes
- Avoid hot steam or saunas
- Do not rub your eyes
- Do not pull on your lashes
- Only use a water-based mascara
- Do not apply eye makeup too close to the eyelash area
- Use a water-based makeup remover
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler
- Do not perm your lashes
Are Eyelash Extensions Right for Me?
Although most individuals are considered good candidates for eyelash extensions, the following conditions can affect or prevent optimal results:
- Frequently rubbing the eyes: Individuals that frequently rub their eyes due to allergies or habit are not considered good candidates for eyelash extensions.
- Extremely sensitive skin: Individuals that experience irritation after using eye makeup may experience the same reactions from eyelash extensions.
- Naturally curly eyelashes: Unfortunately, naturally curly eyelashes tend to shorten the life of extensions. Extensions on curly eyelashes may only last 3 days before beginning to lift.
- No natural eyelashes: An individual without natural eyelashes cannot wear extensions because there is no lash to attach them to. Eyelash extensions must be placed on the natural eyelash, not the skin.
When considering eyelashes extensions in Orem, it is important to consult a qualified and experienced consultant to determine if they are right for you.
Related Articles -
Eyelashes, Extensions, Orem,