Over the recent years, the world has seen a steady rise in the people taking an avid interest the sport of biking, especially across long distance routes. Similarly, more and more people are taking European bike tours every year, according to various departments of tourisms, and besides, who can blame them? Europe is simply one of the most beautiful regions in the world, a rich melting pot of culture, heritage, art and love. So let us take a look at some of the most popular and widely appreciated biking trips in Europe. |
• The route from Tuscany to the Italian Riviera: This tour is often termed as “the cinqueterre”, which in Italy translates to the “five lands”. As is obvious, it involves riding past the beautiful quaint little hamlets of Riomaggiore, Vernazza, Manarola, Monterosso al Mare and Corniglia, each with a charm of its own. You will get to see natural hills, ancient architecture and wild flowers while on this trip.
• The route from Salzburg to Munich: This is one of the easiest biking trips in Europe, because you do not need any guides and the directions are fairly ample and easy to read. The time between May and September is best where you can see the natural forests and the famous King Ludwig's castles.
• Alentejo, Portugal: This is a little difficult, especially for the beginners. Nonetheless, the beautiful view of the setting sun across the naturally occurring mountains, the hypnotic allure of the famous vineyards, the wildflowers littering each side of the road are worth the trouble. You should visit this place in March, when the weather is the most pleasant.
• The Catalonian Coast: This beautiful route along the coast of the Mediterranean is just the thing that you have been looking for to rejuvenate your soul all this time. A place of harmonious meeting of the hills and the sea, the night sky alone will steal your breath, along with the rich Mediterranean food, and the amazing people.
• The route from Provence to Cote d’Azur: This route looks something out of Wordsworth poem or a Keats poem. Beautiful countryside with hauntingly beautiful ruins of ancient castles, fortified walls, charming inns and rows of poppies on each side, no European bike tours are complete without this.
• The route from Coastal France to Northern Holland: fairly simple and cost effective, this route does not require you to hire a professional for help. You can do all of it all by yourself. But it is advised that since it is a long journey, you try it out during the month of March or April when the weather isn’t so merciless and exhausting.
• The southwestern coast of Ireland: There is a particular charm that the region of Ireland holds, which is incomparable to any other place in the world. Whether it is the beautiful landscape, the rich irish heritage, the beautiful Celtic music or simply the Irish people, bikers never visit this place just once. The Glencar Valley and the County Kerry are places where one would visit again and again.
It does not matter if you are a professional biker on any European bike tours or someone seeking a thrilling adventure away from the mundane everyday life, biking trips in Europe has something to offer to every single individual. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags, book your tickets and go!
Related Articles -
European bike tours, biking trips in Europe,