If you are looking to improve your health and well-being, your food is a great place to start. Most people don’t understand just how much the food they eat impacts their overall health. Next time you reach for a snack, consider choosing some of the following options.
- Cottage cheese: This delicious dairy snack is great on its own or paired up with something else. It can be used as a dip for veggies such as carrots or cucumbers. It could also be mixed with pineapple, berries, peaches, or pears for a sweet treat that can help to satisfy cravings. Also, cottage cheese makes a great alternative to dressing when fixing up your favorite salad.
- Nut butters: While peanut butter might be your ‘go-to’ nut butter, consider trying something new. Cashew butter, almond butter, and sunflower seed butter are delicious alternatives that are high in protein and vitamins. Consider dipping apples, carrots, and celery in them for a snack that’s even more nutritious. However, be sure to check the label before buying. Try to find butter with a low sugar content.
- Celery: Celery is one of the most versatile vegetables ever. Because of its mild flavor, it can be used in recipes or as a snack. Try slicing up mozzarella cheese and eating it with this crunchy veggie. You can also dip them in peanut butter. For a healthy snack for the kids, try spreading a nut butter on top and sprinkling it with raisins.
- Greek yogurt: Protein packed and filled with probiotics, Greek yogurt is a great snack. Plain Greek yogurt can be topped with granola, fruit, and honey for a perfect start to the day. While there are many other delicious flavors on the market, it’s important to read the label. Try to find a brand with low sugar content. This will make the yogurt healthier for you and your body.
- Seasonal fruit: Seasonal fruit tends to taste better and be easier on your wallet. Plus, it’s a great snack for any time of the day. Check with your local grocer to see which fruit is on sale and in season this month!
- Hummus: Made with crushed chick peas or black beans, this delicious dip is perfect to accompany many different things. Veggies, chicken, pita bread, and pretzels can all be dipped in this creamy sauce. Packed with protein and nutrients, it’s no wonder that so many people love this snack.
- Nuts: Almonds, pistachios, peanuts, cashews, and macadamia nuts are just a few of the dozens of nuts available to you. These little gems are packed with protein and healthy fats. They can make you feel full and help to curb cravings.
- Rice crackers: These crunchy crackers are a delicious alternative to wheat crackers. Lower in starch content, they tend to be healthier than other types of crackers.
- Infused water: Water is extremely important to the health of your body. However, if you are tired of drinking it plain, consider amping it up a bit. Cut up fruit, fresh mint, and cucumber and place it in your water. Not only will you get some of the vitamins from the fruits and veggies, but your water will taste cool and refreshing.
- Beef jerky: This delicious snack is a great way to get protein to your body and curb those savory cravings. Plus, with a variety of different meats and seasoning styles to choose from, there’s something for everybody.
Improving your health and well-being doesn’t have to be difficult. By swapping out a few of your snacks for something a bit healthier, you are making a heart-healthy decision that will help you to feel better.
Related Articles -
health, well, being,