With an ever-growing popularity in the field of sports, tetherball has won the hearts of many individuals & has won several accolades in both national & international level as a tricky sports, that requires the concentration like that of a chess master & an agility like that of a tennis player. The game, even though appears easy to learn, requires precise timing & controlled punching force so that the goal of the game can be achieved without letting the opponent win. Since the game isn’t very much popular & the game kit is sparsely available, many tetherball fans are left out of the opportunity to participate actively in the game. With the inauguration of the several tetherball playgrounds in many schools & in the public park, enthusiasts are eager to learn & compete for the sports in many levels. |
However, these kids aren’t satisfied with the establishments of tetherball playgrounds in their neighborhood. And for this, many are eager to have their very own tetherball set in the private backyards. If you’re interested to spend relatively an inexpensive flexible budget & some hours of insane working capability, something great would manifest just from things that are meant to be thrown away as garbage. So gather up all the odds & bits, and build your very own tetherball in your background.
For building up the tetherball set, here are some of the things that you need to gather before initiating your construction which are as follows:
• A volleyball • Inelastic cord. • A 10ft tall pole. • Metal bars for the base. • A car tire for supporting the base. • Boundary markers.
Here are the basic steps for establishing the tetherball in your background which are as follows:
• Use two 10inch steel rods which should be welded together to form a ‘X’ shape to form the firm base for supporting the pole.
• Now weld the 10ft tall pole vertically above the centre of the cross so as to form the centre for hanging the tetherball. All the welding should be done perfectly so that it can withstand all possible natural weathering as well as hitting.
• For safety & prevention of corrosion, insert an eye bolt at the top of the pole.
• Now, set an old car tire on a thick trash bag, upon which place the welded pole at an estimated centre of the tire.
• Mix some cement & pour & fill the entire hollow space between the edge of the tire & the pole. This would add further strength to the base, preventing it from falling down, even when the pole receives the strongest of blows on the ball.
• Once the concrete has settled, which would take almost 24 hours, check for the stability of the pole. • Now, take a 6ft inelastic cord & attach its one end to ball & the other end to the eye bolt, which has been previously bolted in the pole. • Use the ground markers to draw the court around the pole & indulge yourself to master the tetherball game.
So if you’re really eager to establish your very own tetherball playground in your neighborhood, you just need to check our website & purchase the tetherball set which has every materials you need to set up your own tetherball at a relatively inexpensive price. So there is no need to waste your valuable time. Shop now!
Related Articles -
tetherball playground, tetherball set,