Aging parents and seniors require time, attention and medical assistance. Since many of us cannot provide the same things at home, thanks to our hectic schedules, nursing homes come off as the best possible option. This isn’t an easy decision for the kids and younger relatives, but often is the right thing to do. No wonder, nursing homes are perceived to be great places, where aging people are given dedicated attention and medical supervision. |
As heartbreaking as it may sound, nursing home abuse is pretty common, and the number of cases reported in Philadelphia is startling. If you feel your parent or relative is being abused at a nursing home, it is best to consider action. This is a serious offence, which must be reported for further legal action. This is also the precise time when you will need the assistance of a Philadelphia nursing home abuse lawyer. Check some of the aspects you need to know.
• First things first, you should try to understand signs of nursing home abuse. If your parent or senior can still speak, you can look for their statements and use that as the first proof. Otherwise, you will have to find the changes or any negative aspects in checkup reports, which can help in proving medical negligence. Signs of physical abuse are easier to find, as you can check injury marks and often bed sores, which can be due to the lack of attention.
• Thankfully, there are greatly known law firms in Philadelphia that can help you with the case, but you have to be extra careful while making a choice. Unlike many other personal injury cases, nursing home abuse is hard to prove and requires a long legal battle, which can be expensive. Try to choose a lawyer, who is well experienced and can help you with the various aspects of the case.
• It is also very important to understand that anything and everything that your parent face in a nursing home cannot be termed as abuse. Some of the issues and problems that your parents are facing may not be intentional. However, if you think they haven’t been getting the right kind of attention, you have to consider your legal options.
• Your lawyer is the best person to advice you on taking up a case against long-term care facilities. Sometimes, the legal team may find that the legal expenses and costs of investigations are too high, while the compensation may not be adequate for the efforts. In such cases, your lawyer will help you in choosing options for settlement or find another course of action.
• Nursing home abuse laws may vary with every state, and hence, it is advisable to know the basics. Start by talking to your lawyer for the basic laws in Philadelphia along with a few statistics. Some of the nursing homes may be embroiled in more than a few cases, so taking up a case against them should be easier, depending on other things.
Get started right now!
822 Montgomery Avenue Suite 210 Narberth, PA 19072
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: (215) 563-7088 / (610) 642-7676
Related Articles -
Philadelphia Construction Accident Lawyer, Philadelphia Workers Comp Injury Lawyer, Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer,