You know how vital a role your child’s education plays in giving him or her the best life possible. Learning is about more than choosing a school. In fact, your child’s education depends on what happens before they even set foot in their kindergarten classroom. From choosing a Montessori preschool in Corona to signing your child up for gymnastics, here are a few great ideas to help your child thrive once kindergarten hits:
- Let your child socialize. Much of the time spent in your child’s kindergarten classroom revolves around social activities. Many projects are done as a group, as well as sharing toys, recess, and art classes that all require your child to interact in a positive way with his or her peers. For this reason, it’s vital that your child becomes comfortable in social situations before it’s time for their first day of kindergarten. If possible, enroll your child in a group activity. Gymnastics, music classes, dance, or camps are all great ways for your child to become more confident in interacting with other kids their same age.
- Teach your child the basics. Before going off to kindergarten, your child should have a basic sense of self. By teaching him or her things like their address, phone number, and how to spell their name, kids will feel more confident in a classroom setting. These are basic things that most teachers ask their students from time to time. By already having these things memorized, your child won’t be taken off-guard.
- Allow independence. Even if your child attends classes or preschool, kindergarten will probably be the most time spent away from home consistently. To prepare them for this big step, allow your child to practice some independence beforehand. Allow him or her to make decisions as to what clothes to wear or what food to eat, and teach your child to tie his or her shoes. These simple tasks instill confidence. When your child finally arrives at kindergarten, he or she will be confident in possessing abilities to do things without you near.
- Choose a Montessori preschool curriculum. One of the best ways to prepare children for kindergarten is by enrolling them in a good preschool program. But not every preschool curriculum is the same. The Montessori educational approach is unique and designed to allow children to thrive within their own learning styles. Instead of teachers acting as authority figures, they act as a mediator of sorts by facilitating the learning of new skills at the speed of the child they are helping. It is a hands-on learning approach that allows children to work both as teams and individually to solve different problems. The curriculum is tailored to fit each child’s learning style and needs. This allows your children to thrive and become more confident as they learn more and more.
- Foster learning at home. Learning isn’t just for a classroom. In fact, you can apply it to your everyday life and make it fun for your child. Pick a letter and have your child point out when he or she sees it while you are driving or grocery shopping. You can also use songs or rhymes to help your child learn to spell or memorize different pieces of information. By doing this, you can make learning fun. This makes it easier for your child to adjust to school once the time comes.
Your child deserves the best education possible. While the time spent in school will be important, the time spent before kindergarten begins is even more vital. By enrolling your child in a school that specializes in Montessori preschool in Corona and boosting your child’s self-confidence, he or she gets the start they deserve.
Related Articles -
Montessori, Preschool, Corona,