Your transmission is the lifeblood of your engine. When the transmission isn’t operating correctly, it affects your car’s ability to drive. Paying attention to the telltale signs of transmission troubles is the best way to prevent serious damage. Here are 5 ways you can tell if your vehicle is in need of car transmission repair in Marietta.
- The transmission is slipping. When your car hits a certain gear, it should stay there unless you slow down or speed up. If your transmission is slipping, it may slip in and out of gears for no reason at all. A high-pitched whining or revving noise might accompany the slippage. When this sign of struggling occurs, it’s time to visit the mechanic as soon as possible.
- Shifting isn’t smooth. Changing gears in your car should be smooth and seamless. If there is a problem with the transmission, you might hear a clunk, thud, or encounter difficulty when picking up speed. The longer that you leave this problem unchecked, the more damage could be done to your transmission.
- Problems with the engine engaging. When you shift into “drive,” your car should automatically respond. If it doesn’t, there could be a problem with the transmission. If you hear the engine rev but not move, take your vehicle to the shop to have it checked out.
- Leaking fluid. If you’ve noticed a bright red or dark red fluid dripping from the bottom of your car, your transmission is leaking. This isn’t normal; in fact, a healthy transmission will never leak. If this happens, don’t refill the transmission fluid without having it examined by a professional.
- The warning light turns on. If the “check engine” light turns on in your dash, plus you are noticing any of the above signs, you could be experiencing transmission troubles. By having your transmission checked out by a professional, you could prevent more serious complications.
It’s important to pay attention to the signs that indicate you may need car transmission repair in Marietta. If there are problems with your engine, your car will let you know. The second that you begin noticing any of the above signs, take your car into a transmission repair shop. A professional can inspect and diagnose any issues that your car might be having. Then they can do any necessary repairs to get your car back in working order. Doing so could save your transmission and engine from a lot of damage further down the road.
Related Articles -
Car, transmission, repair, Marietta,