An auto accident can scar someone for life. Every year, hundreds of people get injured or lose their loved ones in such motor accidents in Philadelphia, and a huge percentage of them don’t even seek legal help. Of course, the first priority after an accident is to get medical help, but following that, you should take the services of a lawyer. Here are some of the things that you should know. |
• First things first, look for a Philadelphia motor vehicle accident lawyer who is experienced enough. All kinds of auto accidents are taken by lawyers who deal with personal injury cases, but experience is the key to winning big battles. Every other legal firm will claim that they are best in business, and to skip that kind of marketing, you have to ask for all the possible questions to find whether they are experienced enough.
• The next step is to understand the facts of the case. Even if you have been a victim to the case, there are no guarantees that the other party will accept their mistake. Sometimes, legal battles go for a long time, and this can be pretty complicated, given that you will have to spend a huge amount of money for the entire case for legal fees and other things.
• Since we are talking of the ways to choose a lawyer, you need to know the number of cases that a lawyer has taken in Philadelphia. Don’t be hesitant to ask more details of their cases and why you should choose them. A good lawyer will give you all the options, so that you can make a sensible decision, but don’t fall for big words. There are no guarantees in legal cases, which is something that many clients forget.
• One of the other things to check is the way you are charged for the case. Although motor accident cases are common, there are legal aspects that often get too convoluted. Your lawyer may choose to charge a percentage of the entire settlement, which is the most common practice. However, if there are other things or terms, make sure to discuss the same in detail.
• Keep in mind that the lawyer will need to devote time to the case, and hence, it is best to ask this question. Will you offer me a complete team for the case? Whom should I contact for further assistance? What are the preferred modes of communication? These are just some of the questions that you should ask. Spend at least a couple of meetings discussing all these things, so that your legal team is on the same page.
Lastly, don’t miss on anything related to case. No professionally acclaimed lawyer can help you, unless you have been completely honest on every aspect. If you think you made a mistake or have facts that can go against you during the case, always discuss the same with your lawyer. As for finding lawyers, most legal firms have their websites, which makes things simple.
822 Montgomery Avenue
Narberth, PA 19072
Ph: (215) 563-7088 / (610) 642-7676
Get in Touch with Us:
Mr. Aidman has authored the highly successful book, “Winning Personal Injury Cases”, the bible of personal injury law for attorneys seeking to gain justice, and monetary awards for their clients.
Related Articles -
Philadelphia Truck Accident Injury Lawyer, Car Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia, Personal injury attorney Philadelphia,