For me, family activity holidays should always be in a spectacular outdoor setting. Whilst it is important to introduce your kids to a number of fun and exciting activities, you will also want to show them areas of breathtaking natural beauty. This is how you pass on your adventurous spirit and passion for the world around you! |
Our Jackson Hole, Wyoming package holiday boasts a number of brilliant family activities, all against a magnificent backdrop which showcases North America’s rugged and diverse landscape with a hint of the Wild West.
About Jackson Hole
Jackson Hole is a valley found between the Gros Ventre Range and the Teton Mountain Range in Wyoming. It is a magnificent winter sports haven which boasts the greatest vertical drop of all North American resorts, but this is much more than an excellent skiing resort and destination. Here are my 5 family-friendly activities for those heading to this beautiful area of North America this summer.
5. Water sports – Family activity holidays should be action packed and full of adventure. You cannot get more action packed than white water rafting and canoeing, plus the Jackson Hole area combines these adventures with astonishing beauty. The Snake River Canyon is a must for adrenaline junkies, whilst those looking for calmer waters should opt for the Tetons’ serene lakes which are also excellent for spotting wildlife.
4. Hiking – As you have probably realised, Jackson Hole is much more than a place to go winter skiing. Whether it is a small walk with the kids or a long ramble, there are a number of fantastic hiking options which will treat you to amazing views and plenty of wildlife viewing opportunities. The Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem contains elk, moose, pronghorn, wolves and even grizzly bears – all creatures synonymous with the great west. Guide services through Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park are a great way to uncover the diverse wildlife found in our package destination and the surrounding area.
3. Fly fishing – The stunning lakes around Jackson Hole are not just ideal for watersports; they are also world-class fisheries. Whether it is from a boat or on a bank, The Snake River and its tributaries are teaming with trout and many other species of fish. This is sure to be a fun filled family activity, but simply taking in your breathtaking natural surroundings and the fresh air will make for an unforgettable day out.
2. Trail rides - The landscape at Jackson Hole will remind you of all the great old Western films, so get in touch with your inner cowboy with an unforgettable trail ride. This is terrific fun and a unique way to explore the rugged terrain. Full-service ranches provide you with everything you need, including guides, camping equipment and provisions. Alternatively, Chuck wagon dinners provide fun Western entertainment and food after a long day of exploring.
1. And, best of all: Camping – There are few better ways to pass on your wanderlust than camping in nature. Jackson Hole boasts mountain ranges, dense forests, wild rivers and scenic landscapes; this makes it an amazing place to camp out for the evening. There are maintained sites or places further afield for hardcore backpackers, plus great yet challenging backpacking trips to Paintbrush Canyon and along the Teton Crest Trail. Family activity holidays are at their best when you get the opportunity to teach your kids a number of valuable different skills in an unforgettable setting - camping in Jackson Hole enables you to do this!
We have created a fantastic package holiday which will allow you to try out all these fantastic activities whilst staying in cosy and comfortable accommodation. If you are looking for something a little different and more suited to your particular family, we are also able to take your ideas and create a bespoke holiday for your family!
To find out more about making your dream holiday a reality, get in touch with the team today.
Richard Edwards is the Managing Director of Summit & Blue, an adventure holiday company offering independently crafted family activity holidays to exciting destinations around the world, including France, Italy, Portugal, the USA and Canada. With unique itineraries and exciting activities like biking, hiking, white water rafting and canoeing, we create holidays for those looking for an experience a little more off the beaten track.
Related Articles -
Family, activity, holidays,