For active parents who want to introduce their kids to as many activities as possible from a young age, deciding on a holiday is an exciting yet challenging prospect. Not only is this a great opportunity to introduce them to fun and valuable activities, but it is also a chance to show them the world! |
Hopefully, you will be able to pass on your wanderlust so that they themselves will become adventure seekers. At Summit & Blue, this is how we feel about family vacations, which is why we have hand crafted family activity holidays for parents looking to pass on their passion for the world. In particular, Tenerife is a fantastic destination as it features an amazing climate, gorgeous beaches, dense forests, a historic town centre and plenty more to see and do.
With so much choice it can be hard to decide on activities, but these are the 6 that are a must for all families seeking for new shared experiences.
1. Whale spotting – The oceans around the Canary Islands are known for hosting some magnificent creatures, including both whales and dolphins. Take a boat trip out of Las Americas with operators who organise whale spotting trips, as there is a great chance that you will spot one of several species of whales and dolphins. These beautiful creatures are favourites with kids and spotting them will make for an unforgettable experience!
2. Relax on the beaches – I know from experience that family activity holidays tend to be quite full on, which is why it is important to take the time to chill out. Tenerife boasts some of the most glorious beaches in the entire world with turquoise waters and sandy beaches, which are perfect for unwinding with a good book. Playa Fanabe has many nearby shops, bars and restaurants plus the opportunity for lots of watersports.
3. Conquer Mount Teide – Get some exercise and take in astonishing views atop Mount Teide – the highest point in the Canary Islands at 3718 m. If you don’t fancy stretching your legs or you have young children, you may want to opt for the brilliant 8 minute cable car which gives you unparalleled views and takes you to within 160 metres of Teide’s summit. Be sure to take your camera along with you!
4. Scuba Diving – Family activity holidays by the ocean provide the perfect opportunity to show your children the breathtaking world beneath the ocean’s surface. The Los Gigantes Diving Centre offers two hour scuba adventures which are sure to be a highlight and a fantastic activity to try for youngsters seeking adventure.
5. Visit one of Europe’s biggest waterparks – Waterparks are great fun and an easy way to keep your kids entertained for the day. Tenerife is home to one of Europe’s biggest and best waterparks – Siam Park. There are loads of thrilling rides for adrenaline junkies, plus more calm waters and rides for those looking for a quieter experience. Siam Park also has aquariums, a sea lion cove, restaurants and a floating market. This makes for an excellent day out for the entire family.
6. Visit Loro Parque – Located on the outskirts of Puerto de la Cruz, Loro Parque is an amazing zoo which is home to the world’s largest collection of parrots. It also features a breeding colony of penguins, as well as a diverse range of animals and plants. There are several shows throughout the day, plus restaurants, a children’s playground and a parrot baby station. It has become one of the biggest attractions of the Canary Islands and is a must for animal loving families.
My team and I have created a Tenerife package holiday where you will be able to try out all these activities and have a brilliant time on the island. We are also capable of creating tailor-made vacations that cater to each and every family, so don’t hesitate to get in touch today so we can get planning your holiday!
Richard Edwards is the Managing Director of Summit & Blue, an adventure holiday company offering independently crafted family activity holidays to exciting destinations around the world, including France, Italy, Portugal, the USA and Canada. With unique itineraries and exciting activities like biking, hiking, white water rafting and canoeing, we create holidays for those looking for an experience a little more off the beaten track.
Related Articles -
Family, activity, holidays,