Your carpet sees a lot of action. Over time, all of those parties, wrestling matches, and walking back and forth take their toll on its surface. When that happens, it’s time to replace your flooring with something fresh and new. Before you head to the flooring store in Bel Air, MD, it’s important to know exactly what you want out of your next carpet. With so many different padding, tuft, color, and pattern options, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Here are a few things to consider when picking out new carpet.
- Padding matters. Perhaps even more important than choosing a carpet color is choosing the carpet padding. While many think that it’s okay to skimp on the padding, they couldn’t be more wrong. The carpet pad provides strength and support for your carpet. It also provides insulation and helps eliminate noise. Depending on the amount of foot traffic your home and different rooms see, you may need different types of pads. Don’t cheat yourself out of getting the best carpet pad for your needs. The padding matters.
- Explore different carpet styles. There are many different styles of carpet to choose from. Plush, Saxony, Berber, textured, and frieze are just a few of the many. Plush carpeting is thick, soft, and perfect for bare feet. However, it also easily shows footprints and vacuum tracks. Perhaps the most common texture of carpeting, Saxony is similar to plush and is best in low-traffic areas. Berber is flat and dense carpeting. It doesn’t show soil or stains and is perfect if you have kids or pets. Textured carpeting is made by cutting the carpet fibers into different heights. This makes it difficult to see any dirt and debris that may be lingering on your carpet. It’s perfect for high-traffic areas as well. Finally, friezes are a cut-pile carpet created from twisted fibers. It appears much more elegant and formal than other styles of carpeting. It hides footprints and dirt well, making it perfect for any area.
- Shop around. Before blowing your wallet on the most luxurious carpet in the store, be sure to shop around. It’s possible to find the cut, color, and texture that you want on your flooring without going over-budget. To compare, ask for the pricing of the materials and installation separately. This makes it easier to see what the carpet is actually costing you.
- Buy from a trusted source. The carpeting store that you buy your flooring from does matter. Even though many different places carry similar brands, their installation, prices, and service may be completely different. Take the time to get to know the staff and the establishment before making a decision. After all, this is a big decision that is going to cost you a lot of your hard-earned money. By ensuring that you trust your source, you’ll be able to get the most bang for your buck. Also, you can rest assured that your carpet will be installed correctly the first time.
- Understand what each type of carpet requires. Different carpeting requires different amounts of maintenance. Some types of high-end carpet are more difficult to clean than other types. Other carpets are perfect at hiding fur and dirt between cleanings. If you have young children or animals, you want to avoid shag carpet that is hard to clean. To better understand which types of carpet suits your lifestyle, speak with a carpeting expert at your chosen establishment.
By reviewing these tips and tricks for choosing your next carpet before visiting the flooring store Bel Air, MD, you’ll know exactly what you’re looking for before the process even begins.
Related Articles -
flooring, store, bel, air, md,