Retaining the services of an experienced divorce lawyer can significantly affect the outcome of your case. The right divorce lawyer will become your advocate, guiding you through the complicated legal process, offering expert advice, and representing your interests in court. When looking for divorce lawyers in Bremen, GA, it is important to do your research and take the time to interview several candidates before making a decision. Asking the right questions can help you properly evaluate each lawyer and make an informed decision. Read on to learn some of the most important questions to ask before hiring a divorce lawyer.
Begin the interview process by discussing the candidate’s background and experience. Consider asking the following background questions:
- Where did you attend law school?
- When did you graduate?
- Are you board certified?
- What percentage of your practice is dedicated to divorce cases?
- Do you have experience handling alimony, child custody, and child support agreements?
- Do you have experience with mediation?
- What percentages of your cases go to trial?
Case Assessment Questions
After discussing the details of your current marital situation, it is important to acquire the candidate’s professional assessment of your case. Consider asking the following case assessment questions:
- How should I proceed with my case?
- Do you foresee any potential problems with my case?
- Is my case eligible for mediation?
- Will my case need to go to trial?
- How long will my case take?
- What amount of alimony or child support should I expect?
Before you end the interview, be sure to discuss the financial obligations associated with your case. Consider asking the following financial questions:
- What is your hourly billing rate?
- Do you need a retainer to begin work?
- What other legal and court fees should I expect?
- Can you estimate the total cost of my divorce?
Taking the time to ask the right questions when interviewing divorce lawyers in Bremen, GA, will help ensure that you find the right advocate for your case.
Related Articles -
divorce, lawyers, Bremen, GA,