Lanzarote is one of the top holiday destinations of all-time for Brits who have reached retirement – and it is no wonder when you consider the beautiful beaches, glorious weather, and the endless number of activities that the Spanish island has to offer. As I have been working in Lanzarote for a number of years now, I would like to share with you my top 10 tips for making the most of your time here. |
• César Manrique Foundation – an artistic masterpiece! Cesar Manrique’s home, which he built into the boulders in a lava field, has been expanded into a homage for the Spanish artist’s life and work, as well as exhibiting the work of other famous artists such as Picasso. You will be amazed by the natural wonder of Manrique’s work when you witness the five underground lava bubbles! • Timanfaya National Park – an absolute must-see for all Lanzarote visitors! A bus will take you across the vast landscape of volcanoes, and you can enjoy freshly prepared fish and meat, cooked directly above the underground lava.
• La Graciosa – a hidden gem. This tiny volcanic island lies just 2km north of Lanzarote. It has beautiful beaches and superb fish restaurants, but not much else. A perfect spot for some leisurely walking or cycling.
• Teguise – old town in the centre of Lanzarote with quaint cobbled streets and impressive colonial mansions. Go on a Sunday to soak up the atmosphere and have a stroll through the bustling market.
• Rancho Texas – Lanzarote’s most loved wildlife park, featuring white tigers, sealions and komono dragons – fun for all ages!
• Marina Rubicon – a stunning fishing harbour that is the perfect spot for dinner, drinks and an evening stroll. Also hosts a vibrant market on Wednesday and Saturday mornings.
• Playa de Papagayo – arguably the most breath-taking beach in Lanzarote, with untouched white sand, dramatic cliffs and spectacular views of Fuerteventura.
• Cueva de los Verdes – a unique cave system that has been formed by lava. You can take part in an organised tour to see the lava formations up close, and enjoy some live music in the underground cavern!
• Mirador del Rio – one of Cesar Manrique’s architectural creations which boasts the most spectacular view across the Atlantic towards La Graciosa!
• Jardin de Cactus – an ideal spot for all lovers of cacti, and for everyone else; it’s something a bit more unusual and different!
I Want to Go to Lanzarote – ASAP!
So there you have it – my top 10 must-sees in Lanzarote; now I bet you want to arrive as soon as possible! Let me tell you one more top tip: pre-booked Lanzarote airport transfers are the most convenient options for getting to your destination - luggage and all. Our team at Shuttle Direct offers by far the most efficient and comfortable travel service that will get you from the airport to wherever you desire on the island. There is no hassle with Lanzarote airport transfers, as our drivers will take care of everything for you – making sure you and your luggage arrive safely, leaving you to sit back, relax, and decide which highlight you want to visit first!
Lukas Johannes is a driver for Shuttle Direct, the number one provider of shared and private airport transfers all over Europe and northern Africa. If you’re looking for affordable Lanzarote airport transfers, Lukas and his colleagues can make sure that you and your luggage get to and from the airport swiftly and safely.
Related Articles -
Lanzarote, airport, transfers,