You don’t have to be a professional landscaper to improve the curb value of your home. From planting trees to improving your walk way, there is plenty that you can do on your own. However, it is important to come up with a plan before heading to your local nursery. Thanks to the help of Alpharetta, GA, landscape designers, here are a few of their best insider tips to creating a beautiful yard year-round.
- Choose your plants strategically. When it comes to planting new flora, you want to make sure you are considering all of the seasons. There are many trees and shrubs that retain their color and leaves throughout the entire year, giving your home beautiful greenery even in the dead of winter. By placing evergreens in the front corners of your home, you soften the vertical lines of the house and help it to appear more inviting.
- Create a walkway. If you notice that you’re constantly tromping through your grass to get your garden, backyard, or fire pit, consider putting in a walkway. Stepping stones, brick, and crushed rocks are a great way to create a point of interest in your yard. When choosing materials, be sure to choose ones that match what’s already on the exterior of your home. This ties things together and makes them appear more cohesive.
- Add a berm or two. If you’ve got a corner in your yard with nothing breaking it up, build a berm. A berm is a mound that can be covered in soil, mulch, rocks, or a garden. Depending on the colors and textures that you use, a berm is the perfect way to add a pop of color and some interest to your yard. While berms can be added to any area of your yard, corners are an especially great place to put them. Consider adding soil to raise the berm up from the rest of your lawn as an added layer of dimension.
- Create a water feature. Whether you place a small water feature on your porch or a larger fixture in your yard, it needs to blend in with its surroundings. Using natural stone or materials that coordinate with the exterior of your home, it allows your feature to seem like it’s always been there. However, be sure not to use more than 3 elements in any one area. This prevents overcrowding your yard.
- Select a plethora of plants. When deciding on the plants and flowers to install in your flowerbeds, take a look at their overall height and their blooming season. Try to select a variety of different textures, heights, and blooming times. This ensures that your garden always has flowers and leaves in bloom.
Creating a beautiful yard takes planning and thought. If you feel overwhelmed at the prospect of designing your own landscape, consider hiring professionals. Alpharetta, GA, landscape designers are knowledgeable in the flora that grows best for your area. Plus, with their expertise, you’re sure to end up with the outdoor oasis that you’ve always dreamed of.
Related Articles -
alpharetta, ga, landscape, designers,