Is your furnace working? You may not have needed your HVAC in Tacoma quite yet this year, but cooler temperatures are surely coming and now is the time to find out if you have a problem. Your HVAC system needs regular attention and care to keep it functioning at its best. At minimum, you should do the following to get your furnace ready for the winter:
- Change the filter and invest in a supply of new filters to get you through the cold months ahead.
- Clean around any outdoor components to remove fallen leaves and other debris.
- Give the inside of your house a good cleaning to remove layers of dust that build up after having windows open all summer long and to keep that dust from settling into your vents.
- Check your thermostat settings to make certain they are programmed to your comfort level and then stick to that schedule, even when temperatures fluctuate, so you can keep your utility bills down.
If you are serious about maintaining you HVAC system at its best, you need to schedule a professional system maintenance appointment. Regular, professional maintenance can add to the life expectancy of your system and can prevent the necessity for expensive repairs. During an annual maintenance appointment, your HVAC contractor will do the following:
- Clean the burners, heat exchangers, and other components.
- Inspect your venting system to make sure it is functioning properly.
- Calibrate all the control systems.
- Tighten connections and lubricate moving parts.
When it comes to your HVAC system, the old adage, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure," is really true. The cost of annual maintenance is minimal when compared to the cost of replacing the system, and regular maintenance will save you money on utility bills by keeping your system at its most efficient. Don't wait another day. Get your HVAC in Tacoma ready for winter now.
Related Articles -