Without natural gas, the world’s energy supply would plummet. This vital energy pillar is essential in reducing emissions while keeping costs low. If you have natural gas connected to your home, you are able to enjoy clean and safe fuel anytime. With so many companies that specialize in gas lines repair in Powder Springs, it’s easier than ever to keep your lines flowing like they should. While you might think you are well educated on the ins and outs of natural gas, here are few things you might not know.
- Natural gas has been used for centuries. In fact, the first natural gas pipelines were created using bamboo. They were in use as far back as 500 BC to help boil sea water and turn it into drinking water for the population.
- The United States is the number one natural gas producer in the world. Russia comes in at a close second.
- Natural gas is used for more than just powering homes, appliances, and heating or cooling. In fact, without natural gas, a large majority of consumer goods would be much more expensive to produce. Natural gas is used to create vinyl flooring, carpet, piping, pharmaceuticals, artificial limbs, cell phones, sun glasses, deodorant, and heart valves.
- Many industries rely on natural gas to keep them in business. While consumer goods would be much costlier to create without natural gas, the food and drink sector consumes more natural gas than any other industry.
- Natural gas is a cleaner type of fuel than diesel or traditional gasoline. Currently, there are over 15 million vehicles in the world that run on natural gas.
- Natural gas is imperative to the worldwide economy. Currently, natural gas is at a 14-year low, making it consumer friendly. It’s estimated that $118 billion was added to the United States economy in 2015. This number is forecasted to double to $231 by the year of 2035.
- 21 percent of the fuel consumed today is natural gas. There is currently enough in the reserves to support global gas consumption for at least 60 years.
- Natural gas is a clean source of fuel. In fact, it emits 30 to 35 percent less carbon dioxide than coal-generated electricity. By opting for natural gas, the population can greatly reduce pollution and help to clean up the quality of air that is breathed.
- The United States does import a portion of its natural gas. Around 12 percent is brought in from other countries such as Canada.
- The first country to utilize natural gas was Persia. In the first century AD, the king of Persia constructed the kitchens of his palace over an area that had natural gas seeping out of the ground. Because pipes hadn’t been invented yet, this was the best way to utilize the natural gas for cooking purposes.
Luckily, natural gas has come a long way since the Persian Empire. Now, it’s easier than ever to connect your home to natural gas sources. By connecting a pipe to your home, pool, or spa, you can enjoy clean, safe energy anytime you need it. If you detect an issue or a leak, simply call a company that specializes in gas lines repair in Powder Springs.
Related Articles -
gas, lines, repair, Powder, Springs,