Marietta for quartz countertops. You’ll see why quartz is one of the top choices for home renovations across Georgia.">Selecting a new kitchen or bathroom countertop isn’t easy. Choosing between marble, granite, or quartz usually comes down to personal preference, visual appeal, durability, and household lifestyle. Each type of countertop holds its own appeal, from the classic beauty of marble to the contemporary, high-end look of natural granite. |
For some homeowners, ease of care is another consideration. When considering countertop options for a kitchen, it’s important to understand that marble, although durable, scratches easily, and spills, like wine, must be wiped up immediately to prevent staining. Granite requires regular sealing to maintain its surface, but with proper care, it will provide years of service and beauty.
Quartz is a popular countertop option that is practically maintenance-free, and comparable to granite on the price scale. Whether it is a country-style kitchen in Sandy Springs, or a contemporary design in Marietta, quartz countertops fit in with a variety of interior designs.
What Is Quartz? Some quartz countertops are natural quarried stone, but most quartz countertop options are actually an engineered material comprised of a natural rock called quartzite, other natural materials, and high-grade polymers that increase durability. When shopping for quartz countertops, unless the slab specifies “quartzite” it is likely a manufactured material.
Quartz vs. Quartzite High-quality quartz countertops are around 95% natural quartzite—one of the hardest minerals on the planet—and natural raw and polymer materials make up the other 5%. It’s these polymers that provide quartz its stain- and scratch-resistant qualities. Because it is a crafted material, it can be molded to fit a variety of countertop shapes, and some manufacturers offer transferable warranties on their products.
With natural quartzite, there are varying degrees of purity and quality, and some options may contain other natural materials in their composition, depending on where the stone is quarried. Some natural quarried quartzite options are costlier due to the skills and equipment required in cutting slabs to create custom countertops.
Care and Installation Quartz countertops are scratch-resistant and require no re-sealing. There’s no need for water repellents or other treatments because quartz is non-porous. This feature also prevents mold, mildew and bacteria from penetrating the surface. However, quartz slabs are very heavy and require a sound structure, so if you are considering quartz countertops, it’s best to set up a consultation with a knowledgeable countertop professional to ensure your counter’s base structure will support them. Quartz offers a wide variety of colors and surface options, like veining, swirls, and patterning.
Despite its durability, high temperatures can affect a quartz surface. You should always use a trivet with hot pots and pans to prevent dramatic temperature changes, which could crack the countertop. Quartz should never be used in an outdoor situation. Exposure to continual sunshine can cause fading, and over time, warping or cracking. There hasn’t been a quartz countertop created for outdoor use.
The beautiful texture and richness of quartz can best be experienced by visiting a local provider in Marietta for quartz countertops. You’ll see why quartz is one of the top choices for home renovations across Georgia.
Related Articles -
Marietta, quartz, countertops,