When you finally decide to quit smoking, no matter how you do it, you are making one of the best decisions of your life. There are many ways to try to break this destructive habit, including medications such as Clonidine and Wellbutrin, educational materials, support groups, nicotine replacement therapy, and electronic cigarettes, also known as e-cigarettes, or e-cigs. If you decide to try an e-cig in Boston, MA, be sure to discuss it with your doctor before you begin. |
There are advantages and disadvantages to all methods. If you decide to try e-cigarettes, you should be aware that the long-term risks of e-cigarettes remain unknown. You should also know that they do use nicotine, which is addictive, however, they allow you to control the amount.
Research, including information published in the journal Addiction suggests, at least for some people, that e-cigarettes are a viable method of quitting.
Benefits of Electronic Cigarettes E-cigs provide a number of benefits over tobacco cigarettes including:
There are many different ways to try to stop smoking. None of them are easy and none come with guarantees of success. Face it, quitting smoking is hard. If you want to try an e-cig in Boston, MA, you should be able to find a style and flavor that gives you an improved chance of success. The best method of quitting smoking is the one that safely works for you.
- No tobacco, tar, or toxins associated with tobacco smoking
- No secondhand smoke (the mist from an e-cigarette is water-based vapor)
- No smoke smell
- No ash
- No cigarette butts
- Controlled nicotine intake
- Less expensive
- More environmentally friendly
- More socially acceptable
- Variety of flavors including strawberry, cherry, mint, vanilla, cappuccino, and others, as well as variations that resemble popular cigarette brands.
- Variety of styles--while many designs look like real cigarettes, other models are available.
Related Articles -
E, cig, Boston, MA,