The member pump is a lifesaver for men whose tumescence issues prevent successful sensual interactions with a partner. It’s also an option to men whose quest for a larger member is intense. But whether using a member pump for purposes related to male organ health or for purposes that are more in the recreational or decorative mode, the risk of a sore manhood is real. Knowing about these risks is important before starting the practice of pumping. |
The vacuum member pump
First, it’s important to know that this article refers to the use of a vacuum member pump. In recent years, some people use "member pumping" to refer to the practice of injecting silicon (or other materials) into the manhood, which is extremely dangerous and should be avoided.
As mentioned, there is a risk associated with member pump use which can result in a sore manhood or in other issues. Among these problems are:
- Simple soreness or pain. Overuse of the member pump may cause soreness during and/or after use. The purpose of the pump is to force the member to stretch and grow. It’s like blowing up a balloon. As the balloon grows larger, the material stretches tighter and tighter. Sometimes this happens with the member, especially for those using the pump to grow the male organ beyond its normal length. All that stretching can overwork the skin, tissue and muscles, resulting in pain and tenderness.
- Bleeding. Often tiny little dots of blood appear on the manhood or near the base from use of the pump. This occurs because the pump stretches out tiny capillaries beneath the skin, causing them to burst. In addition, and of greater potential concern, is that this bleeding may be more intense if a person is taking blood thinning medication (including aspirin).
- Bruising. Sometimes the capillaries spout more blood than just tiny dots. When this occurs, particularly on the shaft, the fluid gathers beneath the skin and causes bruising. The swift movement associated with coupling may bring about some pain.
- Blisters. Blistering is also not uncommon, especially on the head of the manhood. This again makes for a sore male organ, which may again interfere with one’s enjoyment of friction-based sensual activity. But it may also cause some discomfort from everyday contact with clothing.
- Cyanosis. Cyanosis refers to a type of discoloration of the skin that can occur when using a member pump. Instead of being a healthy reddish color, the skin may start to take on a blue tinge. This results from the pump trapping blood in the member. Over time, with no new blood entering the manhood, it starts to lose its oxygen - which causes the discoloration. Use of the pump should be discontinued if this occurs, as long time deoxygenation can seriously damage the skin and the male organ tissue.
- Blood vessel damage. Sometimes more than capillaries undergo trauma due to misuse of the pump. If a major vessel is damaged, it can have serious consequences. Beyond bruising and swelling, it can impact the manner and effectiveness with which blood enters and leaves the member.
Men who use a member pump should be on the lookout for warning signs of potential problems and should stop if such signs are present. Visiting a doctor if damage does occur is essential.
Hopefully, a sore manhood from use of a member pump will be a transient issue and not cause for concern. One thing that can help soothe a sore manhood is the application of a top notch male organ health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) . Skin that has been stretched by the pump will respond to a crème that features both Shea butter (a high-end emollient) and vitamin E (a natural hydrator), which will help repair damage to the skin. It is also wise to use a crème with pantothenic acid (aka vitamin B5), which is reparative of damaged manhood tissue and can help relieve soreness from overuse.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Related Articles -
sore manhood, member pump, male organ health crème,