Companies or small businesses looking for good web hosting plans must have noticed the abundant prevalence of Windows and Linux Operating System or OS based server hosting. But seldom do we stop to think the necessity of these two web hosting options. When made to choose between the cheapest Windows dedicated server hosting and a convenient Linux dedicated server hosting which on should we choose? Before we can come to a proper answer we need to learn the importance of OSs in the world of dedicated server hosting. Why is it so important to have a web hosting server that is based upon a Windows or Linux operating system? |
About Linux operating system hosting
When you talk about convenience while working with an operating system you just cannot go past Linux. Its convenience is one of the primary reasons for it to become such a popular web hosting solution. Its convenience can further be contributed to three key aspects namely PHP, MySQL and affordable pricing. All said and done you can also run both MySQL and PHP on windows run servers but the combination of these two works miraculously well and in Linux this combination gets the perfect support. You can say that Linux is tailor-made for these two formats in particular. The next most lucrative thing about Linux based web hosting is that it is very cheap. It will not be tough to find a cheap Linux dedicated server hosting as distributions of this OS versions cost almost nothing
Features of windows based web hosting:
Windows web hosting features helps you have a successful web presence. There are several features of windows based web hosting and some of them are listed below:
• Web hosting is a service which gives the users an online system where they can store their information, videos, images or any other kind of files and those can be easily accessed using the internet.
• Windows based web hosting is highly recommended to users who wish to create a website using the ASP.NET framework. With help of it, the developer can easily host any website or any other application on the ASP.NET environment.
• It gives a high level of security, smooth integration and application compatibility.
• Web hosting provides better options when it comes to database support. • Windows based web hosting includes free website building tools as well as free website templates.
• They are very flexible and easy to use the control panel. • It even includes unlimited sub domains, email accounts and FTP accounts.
Although it is claimed that the cheapest Windows dedicated server hosting can be deemed to be an expensive hosting service, but the features and benefits it brings along are always worth the extra money you spend.
Which one is better? Windows or Linux based web hosting?
When it comes to select a hosting service provider, people often tend to fumble on choosing a platform. The choice mainly depends on the requirements of your hosting. But the main difference between them is the operating system. If you do not need ASP.NET or MSSQL, then go for Linux. Windows comes with the advantage of adding windows application to your website whereas Linux provides complex web and mail server environments. Its reliability, stability and efficiency make Linux the best operating system for web servers. With the help of Linux web hosting, you can use PHP, MySQL and Perl.
If you compare a very low cost Linux dedicated server hosting with the cheapest windows dedicated server hosting then you are bound to find many differences as well as similarities in their features. It is finally up to your requirements which will decide which one you must choose.
Related Articles -
Linux dedicated server hosting, cheapest windows dedicated server hosting,