Idea of ivf comes in mind when other fertility treatments do not work. When simpler methods of infertility treatment fail, in vitro fertilization (IVF) may be a perfect choice that may provide you with a better chance of successful pregnancy. The best candidates for IVF are woman with blocked fallopian tubes, severe endometriosis. If male partner of a couple is infertile then IVF is also the best solution for them. |
Generally, conventional IVF involves surgically retrieving eggs from the ovary and coupling them with sperm in the laboratory to create embryos. After 3 to 5 days, the fertilized embryos are transferred into the uterus of woman.
Conventional IVF (In Vitro Fertilization): Conventional IVF is a complex process. It involves several steps and they are as follows:
• Ovarian Stimulation & Egg Production: This medication is done to stimulate production of multiple eggs. The ovarian response to the medications is monitored with the help of ultrasound and blood work and medication dosing is adjusted accordingly. Multiple eggs are produced to select more than one healthy egg.
• Egg retrieval: After egg production, the next step is Egg retrieval. When the infertility specialist doctor determines that the eggs are matured and ready to go for IVF process, a needle is placed through the vagina into the ovaries and all follicles (eggs) are aspirated and immediately evaluated by the laboratory personnel.
• Sperm Collection: Now fresh semen sample is collected from the male partner and immediately analyzed for insemination.
• Fertilization in laboratory: When egg & sperm are tested, the eggs are then inseminated and fertilization determined 16-18 hours later. The eggs inseminated through either of two processes: 1. Conventional insemination and 2.Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). In Conventional insemination, a specific amount of sperm is mixed with each egg in culture dish. In Conventional insemination, a normal sperm is directly injected into an egg in a culture dish
• Embryo Transfer: After fertilization of egg in test tube, the next step is embryo transfer into uterus of woman. Generally, the embryo transfer is done after 3 to 5 days after fertilization. A day 5 Blastocyst transfer is recommended when more than 5 embryos are available because it allows the embryologist to select the better embryos.
IVF success depends upon several factors like woman’s age, duration of infertility, egg quality (ovarian reserve), diagnosis, embryo quality, tobacco smoking and body mass index.
Sumiran Hospital Ahmedabad is famous for treatment of women in india situated in Ahmedabad. To know more about best infertility specialist in india, male infertility treatment, ivf treatment cost, fertility center in Ahmedabad, visit our website. Here you will find all solutions related to infertility.
Related Articles -
best ivf center, ivf treatment cost, best ivf center, best ivf center in ahmedabad, gynecologist in ahmedabad, sperm donation center in ahmedabad, gyn,