Visiting Disney World, Florida’s hottest attraction, is every child’s dream – and it’s great for parents, too! There’s no need to worry if the kids will have enough to do on holiday. In fact, there is so much going on that you’ll have to come back next year! |
Since there’s so much on offer, the park can be a bit daunting if you’ve never visited before – where do you go, what do you do and where, oh where are the toilets? In this quick guide, I’ll answer all of your questions about visiting the Magic Kingdom for the first time.
My Top Tips for Travelling with Tots
If you and your little ones are heading to Disney World, Florida, warm weather and amazing adventures await. You’ve chosen a fantastic location that your children will never forget. Here’s what you should know before you arrive.
1. Size Matters – The park is huge and can be exhausting for children ... and their parents! Make sure to factor in plenty of ice cream stops – and even nap times – for your children.
2. Magic Moments – Book in some magical moments that your kids will treasure forever. For example, why not request a wake-up call from their favourite character?
3. Silly Strollers – Think about decorating your children’s strollers with distinctive ribbons or signs. Getting off a ride and looking at 30 identical prams will get old very quickly!
4. Travel Safely – Make sure that you’re properly insured before you jet off. Fortunately, InsureMore’s family travel insurance covers the whole family, so you can relax and enjoy your trip to the fullest.
5. Practicalities – I’m talking comfortable shoes, hand sanitizer and wet wipes – take all of these necessities to Disney World. Florida can get very hot, so definitely don’t forget caps and sun cream.
Good-to-Know Tips and Tricks
• Disney World has a free and easily downloadable app called My Disney Experience. Use this to make dinner reservations, find out waiting times, look at maps, locate toilets and more.
• Think about food ahead of time. There are loads of places to grab a quick snack, but you might want to make reservations for proper evening meals. The boardwalk area is perfect for restaurants and evening entertainment.
• There are various pass options, such as the FastPass+ and Rider Switch Pass, which work well for many families. These can reduce waiting times, allowing you to get more out of your stay.
• PhotoPass Photographers will take photos of your family for free, using your own phone or camera.
Top Rides for Kids at Walt DisneyWorld
1. Splash Mountain – This wet and wild flume ride is iconic – and perfect on a hot day!
2. Tomorrowland Speedway – Kids over 55 inches can drive their very own replica race car, while smaller children can ride alongside mum or dad.
3. Toy Story Mania – With no height restrictions, the whole family can enjoy this interactive ride with carnival-style games. Spot your favourite Disney characters!
4. Mad Tea Party – These giant spinning cups are a classic, and never fail to please. If you’re lucky, you might just see the Mad Hatter.
Patrick Chong is the Managing Director of InsureMore, an award-winning team of specialists in global single trip, family, annual and cruise travel insurance. If you're heading off to Disney World Florida, or travelling to any other destination worldwide, InsureMore has the best policies to suit. Besides offering great deals on travel insurance, Patrick also collects and shares the best free travel competitions to help his clients get the most out of their holidays.
Related Articles -
Disney, World, Florida,