From belly laughs to secret giggles, everybody loves to laugh. And what could be better for a chocolatier than some sweet, treat-themed side-splitters? Get a pen ready, because I’m about to give you a perfect selection-box of honeyed humour, which is ideal for your retail space. |
A few well-placed wisecracks will brighten up your store and help you become the talk of the town. Showcasing these gags as part of a beautiful window display will bring customers into your shop. Once in, they will admire your fantastic range of confectionery and hopefully get their wallets out!
So, are you ready to play the clown?
Something for the Kids
From never-ending gobstoppers to Christmas selection boxes, the weird and wonderful treats made especially for tiny, sticky fingers have always seemed magical. A display devoted to the colourful and crazy world of children’s confectionery is sure to attract bright-eyed little ones. Why not get them giggling with a few well-placed jokes?
Here are some proper sweet-toothed puns.
• “Which fruit likes chocolate? A cocoa-nut!”
• “What is stolen cocoa called? Hot chocolate!”
• “Why do M&Ms attend university? To become Smarties!”
• “What confection flies a spaceship? A Chocolate Chip Wookie!”
The following joke speaks to me on a personal level, and will get grown-up cocoa enthusiasts chuckling in recognition:
• “What do you call a three-layer chocolate box? Breakfast, lunch and dinner!”
And one which might not be chocolaty enough to qualify for this list, but is a total classic:
• “Why did the doughnut go to the dentist? It needed a filling!”
These high-class witticisms are sure to get a laugh from even the most serious buyer. They are a great way to entertain your customers and get people chatting. After all, who doesn’t love cringing at puns?
If you want to create a more refined atmosphere in your retail space – and have had enough of dodgy puns! – then look no further than these humorous and inspirational quotes. Write these classic one-liners out onto boards and place them around your store for a cheap and easy way to add some character and fun to your displays.
If your clientele need a little encouragement to buy, these words of wisdom from Rachel Vincent will provide the push they require:
• “Chocolate says ‘I’m sorry’ so much better than words.”
Here are a few more pearls of wisdom to complement your displays of tasty treats and delicious delights:
• “All I really need is love, but a little candy now and then doesn’t hurt!” – Charles M. Schulz
• “Life is a bonfire where everyone else has brought marshmallows, and you – a stick.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
• “After eating chocolate, you feel godlike, as though you can conquer enemies, lead armies, entice lovers.” – Emily Luchetti
And finally, here’s my absolute favourite saying, which is also profoundly true! I’m sure you’ll agree:
• “There are two types of people in this world: People who love chocolate and liars.”
Oh, Mr. Gene Wilder, I couldn’t have said it better myself!
Angelina Moufftard works for hf Chocolates, established wholesale confectionery suppliers with decades of experience supplying sweets and high-end chocolates to retailers across the UK. Whether you're looking for a new brands to stock or want advice on the best chocolate puns, you can rely on her expert advice. Working with the most dedicated suppliers from all over Europe, hf Chocolates' great tasting and beautifully packaged products add panache to any sweet display.
Related Articles -