With the increase in use of mobile devices, there is an entirely new trend that has taken over every industry. Most employees today work out of the office relying on cloud- based services and mobile devices to complete tasks.
What is Enterprise Mobility?
Enterprise mobility is the name given to the trend of using mobile devices because of which the need to manage corporate data and ensure security has increased. With enterprise mobility, employees have the opportunity to use cloud storage or transfer data to their personal iPads or mobile phones. This has increased productivity, but there are several security risks related to data. Enterprise mobility management aims at creating products such as data loss prevention technology as well as developing policies for data use to make the mobile strategy of companies risk-free.
What is mobility services? A managed mobility services provider provides you with solutions that deal with the complexity of managing data on multiple mobile devices. The aim of these mobility services is to:
- Enable communication for office workers who are mobile by giving them access to all the resources that are traditionally available only on the PC. This includes business emails or the database of any corporate content. The content available is interpreted to create specialized mobile apps.
- While mobile workforce management and managed mobility services are usually considered to be the same, the focus of the latter is to make sure that any employee who is out of office has access to all the corporate content which the former focuses on field- based workers like utility employees.
- Mobile device management is also quite different from managed mobility services. The former is a component of the latter and is focused on services like integrating and managing any mobile device such as a tablet, smartphone or laptop.
Best Enterprise Mobility Platform
IT service providers work towards enterprise mobility suite and solutions that are dependable and cost effective. There are three aspects that service providers cover with their mobility services:
- Creation: Special applications that are either hybrid, native or web are created to function with the most popular mobile operating systems such as Windows, Android, and iOS. The platforms used are industry proven MADP and MEAP standards.
- Connection: The applications in all the existing enterprise systems are synced with mobile devices and are designed to provide improved functionality and deliver backend data for any reference.
- Control: Security is the prime concern with enterprise mobility services. To ensure that data and applications are functional and secure, service providers design enterprise mobility solutions that are context aware and intelligent while providing the option of end to end support to keep your software upgraded and dynamic.
Enterprise mobility management (EMM) caters to consumers, customers and employees. This way, you have an integrated and open platform that is designed based on required standards to cover B2C, B2B and B2E requirements.
How to choose the right EMM provider for your business?
There are four simple steps to choose the right EMM provider for your business.
- Understand the mobility requirements of your enterprise: Consider several factors such as the scope and scale of data access and applications and then narrow down on the best vendors based on the budget, management strategy, security solutions and support offered.
- Analyze the market: Speak with as many vendors as you can before you decide because there are several companies, including start-ups, that are constantly innovating to give you the best results. Choose a company who gives utmost priority to containerizing your data while ensuring proper mobile device management.
- Evaluate the features offered: You can get a host of EMM services including custom-assembled ones and do-it-all suites. Customization is the best option as it allows maximum functionality that is specific to your requirements. These solutions are more expensive than do-it-all solutions but will reduce overheads with multiple management systems that come with a learning curve and operational costs.
- Integration with other IT management systems is a must: In order to reduce costs and increase productivity, integrate your EMM with directory services, other management systems and other capabilities. Cloud and mobility remain the number one priority but proper integration is extremely important in creating long-term solutions.
When it comes to choosing the best EMM, functionality, innovation, support and cost-effectiveness are the most important factors.
Related Articles -
Enterprise Mobility Solution, Enterprise Mobility Platforms,