Pots play an important role in gardening. You need to choose the right pot to help your plants grow in a healthy way. Today garden pots in Melbourne are available in different materials so it is wise to check all as it will help you to make an informed decision. The climate, cost factor, maintenance, aesthetic value and where you wish to keep it are all factors which you should consider prior to taking a decision.
A Brief on the Different Types of Pots
Below is a list of some of the different types of pots that are widely used in Melbourne. These include,
- Ceramic- These pots are created from light-colored clay that is finely textured and glazed. It is fired at a very high kiln temperature that helps in reducing the vulnerability and porousness of the pot to the elements. It is ideal choice for growing plants that are top heavy. Such glazed pots in Melbourne come in an array of designs, glazes and colors and also in different sizes and shapes.
- Terracotta- This is a form of clay which is widely used for creating planters and pots of different shapes and sizes. Be it big or small you can get it all. When it comes to sizes and shapes the list is endless thereby making it a versatile choice. Terracotta pots are reddish brown in color which means it will provide you with an earthly appeal. Since it is affordable and readily available it has become a favorite pick amid gardeners.
- Fiberglass and Resin- It is made from a mixture of glass fibers and resin. These pots are molded to appear as stone or terracotta pots. Some manufacturers add limestone of clay in it for creating a better texture. The best part about fiberglass planters is that they are durable, lightweight, is weather resistant and does not require any special storage.
- Plastic- Pots made of plastic are in great demand because they are lightweight and handy and above all light on the pocket. The thicker varieties of plastic pots can be created to look like terracotta or stoneware pots. This again comes in a plethora of shapes and sizes.
- Wood- Wooden pots will complement any patio or outdoor setting. Although they tend to be rectangular or square, but curved varieties are also available. The best part about wood is that it will not warp or crack during cold weather. If you want a rustic look then this is the pot for you.
- Metal- These pots are quite durable in nature. Iron is heavy, but aluminium is lightweight. Aluminium pots are affordable, does not require painting and will not rust. The other varieties of metal pots available include copper, lead, zinc and copper-coated stainless steel.
- Concrete- It is not only concrete garden statues in Melbourne that are widely in demand but also garden pots. These pots look gorgeous and are the right choice for big plants which require the ballast support during the windy season owing to its sheer weight that makes it difficult for the planter to move. This material will offer insulation properties, thus will protect the plant roots during temperature changes.
So which will be your pick? Choose wisely.
About the Author- Through the medium of this article Ralph Cruise has brought into limelight the demand for garden pots in Melbourne and also the different types and styles of pots in Melbourne.
Related Articles -
glazed pots in Melbourne, garden statues in Melbourne, garden pots in Melbourne, pots in Melbourne,