We’re big believers here at Ibex Insurance Services that you shouldn’t have to do without the best of British simply because you are now living in Spain – and this is certainly something that can be said of our car insurance. |
Here are five aspects of our British Car Insurance In Spain of which you may have been unaware until now.
1. We are a coverholder for Lloyd’s of London This is significant, and not only because Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance market. Lloyd’s is permitted under the EU’s ‘Freedom of Services’ directive to offer cross-border service from the UK, which enables you to have valid insurance for your UK-registered car when driving it in Spain.
Furthermore, Lloyd’s is ‘established’ in Spain through the regulatory authorities, so can provide cover for the Spanish-registered vehicles of Spain residents.
2. You may be able to transfer your no claim discount from your previous insurer Any no claims bonus earned in an EU country can be used towards your British car insurance in Spain with Ibex, provided that you have written proof of this from your previous insurer.
3. You may even be insured outside your country of residence You may now be a resident of Spain, but if you wish to take your car abroad for a limited period, you may be protected by the free foreign cover that we provide for temporary visits to any EU member country, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, Finland, Norway and Switzerland.
However, if the country that you are visiting is not one of the above, you must contact us prior to departure to ensure you are suitably covered.
4. We have an extensive list of Approved Repairers In the event of the worst happening, you will want to be able to trust your chosen repairer to do the best possible job on your car.
That’s why you may be thankful for the services of the various Ibex Approved Repairers that have been tried and tested by us, and which entitle you to various perks, including a free courtesy car for the duration of the repair and your vehicle also being picked up and dropped off for free.
5. There are various optional extras to take advantage of Would you like to add breakdown and legal protection to your insurance? What about essential level or prestige level breakdown assistance cover, or hire car cover?
It’s all possible when you choose our British car insurance in Spain here at Ibex. Simply call our Spain team now, on 900 102 527, to discuss your requirements – or complete and submit our online contact form to request a competitive quote.
Related Articles -
British Car Insurance In Spain, Car Insurance Broker Spain,